To the editor:
For those in Utah with a practical inclination to games of chance, we will begin gathering signatures in spring of 1992 for the following proposed ballot initiative:Utah Lottery Act. Be It Enacted by the People of the State of Utah: That a lottery, comparable with and similar to those found in adjacent and contiguous states, be established in Utah.
That promotional, operational and administrative expenditures are not to exceed a minimal fixed percentage of revenues.
That the distribution of the balance of these lottery revenues shall be determined in the next election following passage of this act.
Come on, lighten up, take a chance; there's room for everyone in Utah.
Salt Lake City
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to surprise...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 38
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15