To the editor:
For those in Utah with a practical inclination to games of chance, we will begin gathering signatures in spring of 1992 for the following proposed ballot initiative:Utah Lottery Act. Be It Enacted by the People of the State of Utah: That a lottery, comparable with and similar to those found in adjacent and contiguous states, be established in Utah.
That promotional, operational and administrative expenditures are not to exceed a minimal fixed percentage of revenues.
That the distribution of the balance of these lottery revenues shall be determined in the next election following passage of this act.
Come on, lighten up, take a chance; there's room for everyone in Utah.
Salt Lake City
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 117
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 24
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12