To the editor:
For those in Utah with a practical inclination to games of chance, we will begin gathering signatures in spring of 1992 for the following proposed ballot initiative:Utah Lottery Act. Be It Enacted by the People of the State of Utah: That a lottery, comparable with and similar to those found in adjacent and contiguous states, be established in Utah.
That promotional, operational and administrative expenditures are not to exceed a minimal fixed percentage of revenues.
That the distribution of the balance of these lottery revenues shall be determined in the next election following passage of this act.
Come on, lighten up, take a chance; there's room for everyone in Utah.
Salt Lake City
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate hold monument meeting...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8