To the editor:
For those in Utah with a practical inclination to games of chance, we will begin gathering signatures in spring of 1992 for the following proposed ballot initiative:Utah Lottery Act. Be It Enacted by the People of the State of Utah: That a lottery, comparable with and similar to those found in adjacent and contiguous states, be established in Utah.
That promotional, operational and administrative expenditures are not to exceed a minimal fixed percentage of revenues.
That the distribution of the balance of these lottery revenues shall be determined in the next election following passage of this act.
Come on, lighten up, take a chance; there's room for everyone in Utah.
Salt Lake City
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 17
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 16