The Weber County Sheriff's Department says an 8-year-old boy apparently died from carbon monoxide poisoning while taking a shower.
Todd L. Sorensen, son of Clifford and Jennifer Sorensen, was found collapsed on the floor of the home's separate shower building Saturday.Sorensen's 10-year-old brother, Chad, found him at 8:30 p.m. and called his parents. The boys' mother gave Todd cardiopulmonary resuscitation until emergency crews arrived, but efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. Sheriff's investigators said the boy had been told by his parents to take a shower half an hour earlier.
The shower building is heated by propane, and sheriff's investigators speculated that the boy was overcome by carbon monoxide fumes from the heater. An analysis of the boy's blood found a 45 percent saturation level of carbon monoxide.
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 100
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 57
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 38
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 35
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24