The Weber County Sheriff's Department says an 8-year-old boy apparently died from carbon monoxide poisoning while taking a shower.
Todd L. Sorensen, son of Clifford and Jennifer Sorensen, was found collapsed on the floor of the home's separate shower building Saturday.Sorensen's 10-year-old brother, Chad, found him at 8:30 p.m. and called his parents. The boys' mother gave Todd cardiopulmonary resuscitation until emergency crews arrived, but efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. Sheriff's investigators said the boy had been told by his parents to take a shower half an hour earlier.
The shower building is heated by propane, and sheriff's investigators speculated that the boy was overcome by carbon monoxide fumes from the heater. An analysis of the boy's blood found a 45 percent saturation level of carbon monoxide.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11