Donna Summer filed a $30 million libel suit against New York magazine, alleging it falsely reported that the Queen of Disco once called AIDS divine retribution against homosexuals.
"The article in New York magazine hurts me deeply. It also hurts those people who read the article and believe it to be true," Summer said in announcing the Superior Court lawsuit filed Tuesday.Fran Kessler, assistant to the magazine's editor, wouldn't comment.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 40
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29