Our loving mother, Mary H. (Mayme) Greene, passed away in Salt Lake City, on September 30, 1991 at age 93.
Born April 28, 1898 in American Fork, Utah to William H. and Maude Karren Hindley. Married John Thomas Greene in the Salt Lake L.D.S. Temple on September 27, 1922. He died September 10, 1949. Stalwart member of the L.D.S. Church, oldest person in years and length of membership of the Yale Ward, where she served as the Primary President, Relief Society worker and in other ward positions. Active as an officer in the Ladies Literary Club and held membership in the Bonneville Knife and Fork Club and the Thalia Club. Had a strong zest for life and a great sense of humor, a beloved mother and friend.Her positive attitude, bits and pieces of philosophy and interesting personality made her an inspiration to all who knew her. A phenomenal bridge player and loved to travel.
Survived by daughters, Mary Jean Gallacher (Mick), Tustin, California and Beverly Jungst (Carl) and a son, Judge J. Thomas Green (Kay) all of Salt Lake City; brother, Eugene Hindley (Marge), Stockton, California; eight grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be Thursday, October 3, 1991, 12 noon at Yale Ward Chapel, 1431 Gilmer Drive. Friends may call Wednesday from 6-8 PM at Larkin Sunset Lawn, 2350 East 1300 South, and Thursday the hour prior to services at the Yale Ward. Interment, Salt Lake City Cemetery.
N3 10/1 N1 10/3
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 129
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9