Our loving mother, Mary H. (Mayme) Greene, passed away in Salt Lake City, on September 30, 1991 at age 93.
Born April 28, 1898 in American Fork, Utah to William H. and Maude Karren Hindley. Married John Thomas Greene in the Salt Lake L.D.S. Temple on September 27, 1922. He died September 10, 1949. Stalwart member of the L.D.S. Church, oldest person in years and length of membership of the Yale Ward, where she served as the Primary President, Relief Society worker and in other ward positions. Active as an officer in the Ladies Literary Club and held membership in the Bonneville Knife and Fork Club and the Thalia Club. Had a strong zest for life and a great sense of humor, a beloved mother and friend.Her positive attitude, bits and pieces of philosophy and interesting personality made her an inspiration to all who knew her. A phenomenal bridge player and loved to travel.
Survived by daughters, Mary Jean Gallacher (Mick), Tustin, California and Beverly Jungst (Carl) and a son, Judge J. Thomas Green (Kay) all of Salt Lake City; brother, Eugene Hindley (Marge), Stockton, California; eight grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be Thursday, October 3, 1991, 12 noon at Yale Ward Chapel, 1431 Gilmer Drive. Friends may call Wednesday from 6-8 PM at Larkin Sunset Lawn, 2350 East 1300 South, and Thursday the hour prior to services at the Yale Ward. Interment, Salt Lake City Cemetery.
N3 10/1 N1 10/3
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 12