Hurricane Helene's winds intensified to 100 mph as the season's sixth hurricane cruised west over the Atlantic Ocean Thursday, and forecasters say it could grow even more powerful over the next few days.
At 10 a.m. MDT, the center of Helene was located at latitude 13.2 north, longitude 42.7 west, about 1,125 miles east of Barbados. It was moving west about 10 mph."Maximum sustained winds are now estimated at 100 mph, and additional strengthening is possible," said forecaster Miles Lawrence of the National Hurricane Center.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 159
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 81
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17