An Army officer severely burned in last month's air show disaster at Ramstein Air Base in West Germany died at Brooke Army Medical Center, a hospital spokesman said.
1st Lt. Kim Strader, 35, of Salt Lake City, died at 3 a.m. Saturday in the burn unit at Brooke, where he was being treated for second- and third-degree burns, a hospital spokesman said Monday.The spokesman said he did not know the exact cause of death or where Strader's body was sent for funeral arrangements.
Strader was among seven people transported to the burn unit Aug. 31. The others have survived.
More than 50 people were killed and at least 150 injured when an Italian Air Force plane crashed into spectators at the air show Aug. 27.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Bingham High students walk out over... 28
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 13