William C. "Bill" Blonquist, 73, passed away Monday July 22, 1991 at his home of heart failure.
He was born March 20, 1918 in Coalville, Utah, a son of Melvin Axel and Cassie Ball Blonquist. He was the first grandson of Axel Blonquist. He married Helen Elizabeth Woodbury July 2, 1942 in Evanston, Wyoming. He was formerly co-owner and operator of Deans Coffee shop, Blonquist Motel, Coalville and the Silver King Lodge, Park City. Presently owned and operated Valley View Trailer Park and the Coalville Shopping Center in Coalville. He served in World War II in the US Army Corp of Engineers and Infantry in North Africa and Europe. Member of the American Legion, Post #93. Member of DAV and VFW, and served as first commander of VFW in Coalville. Member of the Park City Elks Lodge.Survived by wife, Coalville; two daughters and one son, Sheryl Clark, and Craig (Margaret) Vernon, both of Coalville; William M. "Billy" Blonquist, Ogden; eight grandchildren, Kyle, Kent, Sherylyn, Amberly Lyn and Zory Clark, Bobbie, Jodie, and Kellie Vernon; two great-grandchildren, Zachary and Kolby Clark; three sisters and one brother, Mrs. Jack (Dean) Zumbrunnen, Salt Lake City; Mrs. Ty (Marian) Little, Morgan; Mrs. Warren (Ginger) Wright, Christmas Meadows, Utah; Eugene M. Blonquist, Coalville; family friend, Jack Dunn, Coalville; many aunts, nieces, nephews and friends.
Funeral services will be conducted Friday, 12 noon in the Coalville Stake Chapel, with Bishop Robert Banz officiating. Friends may call at the Walker Mortuary, Coalville, Thursday 7-9 p.m. and Friday, 10-11:30 a.m. Interment, Coalville Cemetery where veterans rites will be performed by the Coalville American Legion Post #93.
T 7/24 N3 7/25
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 13