More than 370 of the best 4-Hers from throughout Utah advanced from their county competitions to compete for ribbons, cash prizes and trips at the Utah 4-H Contests at Utah State University Sept. 15-18.
The annual state contests are designed to allow top 4-Hers to compare their skills in 24 project areas ranging from tractor driving to meal preparation. In addition to individual yearly winners, the youths compete in the record book contest.Record book winners are recognized for excellence in projects over their entire 4-H careers in 27 individual 4-H project areas. Record book winners receive trips to compete regionally or nationally in their specialties.
This year's record book contest winners and their categories are:
Achievement: Sheree Hansen, Spanish Fork; Agriculture: Daniel Drake, West Jordan; Bread: Annalyn Roberts, Wales; Beef: David Zollinger, Tremonton; Citizenship: Leena Ovard, Henefer; Clothing: Michelle Zollinger, Tremonton; Consumer Education: Rebecca Balderee, Plain City; Dairy Foods: Cherie Greenwood, Salt Lake City; Dog Care and Training: Dave Antes, Layton; Fashion Revue: Camille Price, Provo; Food and Nutrition: Liesl Hansen, Fountain Green; Food Preservation, Conservation and Safety: Anne Drake, West Jordan; Home Environment: Angelee Waite, Ogden; Horse: Angeline Nelson, North Logan; Leadership: Rodney Roberts, Beaver; Petroleum Power: David Stonely, Provo; Photography: John Hill, Pleasant Grove; Public Speaking: Jennifer Hansen, Fountain Green; Safety: Rachelle Burnham, Spanish Fork; Sheep: Sue Garlick, Park City; Swine: Michael Lunt, Monroe.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Rally in support of police also draws... 27
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9