More than 370 of the best 4-Hers from throughout Utah advanced from their county competitions to compete for ribbons, cash prizes and trips at the Utah 4-H Contests at Utah State University Sept. 15-18.
The annual state contests are designed to allow top 4-Hers to compare their skills in 24 project areas ranging from tractor driving to meal preparation. In addition to individual yearly winners, the youths compete in the record book contest.Record book winners are recognized for excellence in projects over their entire 4-H careers in 27 individual 4-H project areas. Record book winners receive trips to compete regionally or nationally in their specialties.
This year's record book contest winners and their categories are:
Achievement: Sheree Hansen, Spanish Fork; Agriculture: Daniel Drake, West Jordan; Bread: Annalyn Roberts, Wales; Beef: David Zollinger, Tremonton; Citizenship: Leena Ovard, Henefer; Clothing: Michelle Zollinger, Tremonton; Consumer Education: Rebecca Balderee, Plain City; Dairy Foods: Cherie Greenwood, Salt Lake City; Dog Care and Training: Dave Antes, Layton; Fashion Revue: Camille Price, Provo; Food and Nutrition: Liesl Hansen, Fountain Green; Food Preservation, Conservation and Safety: Anne Drake, West Jordan; Home Environment: Angelee Waite, Ogden; Horse: Angeline Nelson, North Logan; Leadership: Rodney Roberts, Beaver; Petroleum Power: David Stonely, Provo; Photography: John Hill, Pleasant Grove; Public Speaking: Jennifer Hansen, Fountain Green; Safety: Rachelle Burnham, Spanish Fork; Sheep: Sue Garlick, Park City; Swine: Michael Lunt, Monroe.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22