Seagull Book and Tape, a family bookstore specializing in books and tapes for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has opened a new store at 1629 W. 9000 South.
With hours of 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday, the 1,800-square-foot store sells books, tapes, compact discs, videos, computerized software and other related itmes at up to 80 percent off the retail price.Greg Kofford, company president, said he is able to sell the items at discount prices because the stores have low overhead and deal in high volume.
"We started the company four years ago because we felt no one was aggressively servicing the LDS market. We have found our niche in the market and have grown consistently since 1987," he said. Seagull now has 10 stores in Utah and Arizona and soon will open two more.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Unwarranted drug database search prompts new...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14