Seagull Book and Tape, a family bookstore specializing in books and tapes for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has opened a new store at 1629 W. 9000 South.
With hours of 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday, the 1,800-square-foot store sells books, tapes, compact discs, videos, computerized software and other related itmes at up to 80 percent off the retail price.Greg Kofford, company president, said he is able to sell the items at discount prices because the stores have low overhead and deal in high volume.
"We started the company four years ago because we felt no one was aggressively servicing the LDS market. We have found our niche in the market and have grown consistently since 1987," he said. Seagull now has 10 stores in Utah and Arizona and soon will open two more.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 27
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17