Whatever happened to Jay North, of "Dennis the Menace"? - L.L., Cherry Hill, N.J.
Stats: Born Aug. 3, 1952, in North Hollywood, Calif. Educated in studio schools. Married and divorced once.Early years: North was 6 when he made his TV debut on "Queen for a Day" and followed with spots with Dinah Shore, George Gobel, Milton Berle and Ernie Ford. He did a 1958 guest role on "Wanted: Dead or Alive" and then dramatic roles in "Sugarfoot" and "Robert Taylor's Detectives." At 7, he was cast as "Dennis the Menace."
Famous for: From 1959-63 he starred as Dennis the Menace, based on Hank Ketcham's comic strip.
In recent years: North did guest roles on "Wagon Train," "My Three Sons" and "The Lucy Show," then did the movie and TV series "Maya," filmed in India in 1967. In 1977, he went into the Navy and served a four-year hitch. He did a short-lived role in "General Hospital" but he found adult roles hard to get. He gave up acting for several business enterprises and talked of becoming a movie producer, which never came about. He still is seen occasionally on TV.
- Send questions to Whatever happened to . . ., Detroit Free Press, 321 W. Lafayette Blvd., Detroit MI 48226. Volume of mail prohibits personal replies.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13