Whatever happened to Jay North, of "Dennis the Menace"? - L.L., Cherry Hill, N.J.
Stats: Born Aug. 3, 1952, in North Hollywood, Calif. Educated in studio schools. Married and divorced once.Early years: North was 6 when he made his TV debut on "Queen for a Day" and followed with spots with Dinah Shore, George Gobel, Milton Berle and Ernie Ford. He did a 1958 guest role on "Wanted: Dead or Alive" and then dramatic roles in "Sugarfoot" and "Robert Taylor's Detectives." At 7, he was cast as "Dennis the Menace."
Famous for: From 1959-63 he starred as Dennis the Menace, based on Hank Ketcham's comic strip.
In recent years: North did guest roles on "Wagon Train," "My Three Sons" and "The Lucy Show," then did the movie and TV series "Maya," filmed in India in 1967. In 1977, he went into the Navy and served a four-year hitch. He did a short-lived role in "General Hospital" but he found adult roles hard to get. He gave up acting for several business enterprises and talked of becoming a movie producer, which never came about. He still is seen occasionally on TV.
- Send questions to Whatever happened to . . ., Detroit Free Press, 321 W. Lafayette Blvd., Detroit MI 48226. Volume of mail prohibits personal replies.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- Police say unlicensed massage therapist...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15