Charles Lindberg Diviney, Sr., age 63, died June 3, 1991 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Born June 6, 1927 in Hayti, Missouri, son of Ed and Ethel Cosby Diviney. Married his lifetime love and friend, Dimple Octavia Butcher, May 8, 1944 in Stuttgart, Arkansas. Served in the U.S. Army for 25 years during World War II, Korean Conflict and Vietnam, and was decorated many times for his bravery and courage while serving his country. He began his professional career as an outstanding general manager and salesman in the auto industry where he worked for 24 years. (Member of Legion of Leaders). Our adored husband, cherished father and grandfather will be greatly missed until we join him again.Survived by his wife, Kearns; three sons and four daughters, Charles L. Diviney, Jr., Larry C. Diviney, Christopher C. Diviney, Lisa Lambert, all of Kearns; Sharon Bell and Linda Memory, both of Las Vegas; Diane Diviney Rangen, Cape May, New Jersey; and their respective spouses; 13 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; one brother and one sister, Amos Diviney, California; Opal Gill, Missouri.
Graveside services will be held Thursday, 2:00 p.m. at Valley View Memorial Park, 4400 West 4100 South. Under the direction of McDougal Funeral Home.
T 6/5 N3 6/5
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13