Reed Connell Durham Sr., age 86, died Tuesday, May 28, 1991 at the St. George Care Center.
He was born September 18, 1904 at Parowan, Utah to Thomas T. and Annie Connell Durham. He married Violet E. Cottrell, February 4, 1930 in the Mesa Arizona LDS Temple. Reared and educated in Parowan, Mr. Durham Graduated from Parowan High School, received his bachelor's degree from Utah State University, and a Master of Arts Degree from Trenton State, Trenton, New Jersey. He became a member of Phi Delta Kappa in 1964. Mr. Durham taught at Utah State, San Diego and New Jersey schools. In New Jersey he served on the Board of Education. He had lived in Long Beach, Calif.; San Diego, Calif; and Trenton, New Jersey before coming to St. George, Utah in 1975.An active member of the LDS Church, he had served as Bishop three different times, Branch President three times, High Councilman, Ordinance Worker and served a mission to the Eastern Canada Mission in 1924-26 and another with his wife to the Western Canada Mission in 1970-72.
Surviving family members include three sons and one daughter; Reed Durham Jr., Logan, Utah; Bryan Durham, Alaska; James Durham, Germany and Luanne Glassford, San Diego, Calif. Also 24 grandchildren, 39 great-grandchildren, four brothers and sisters, Karl, Lynn and Eldon, California; Gordon, Wyoming and Caroline, California.
Funeral services will be held at Metcalf Mortuary Chapel, 288 West St. George Blvd., Friday, May 31, 1991 at 11 a.m. where friends may call Thursday evening from 7-8 p.m. and again on Friday from 9:30-10`30 a.m. prior to services. Interment will be at the Parowan City Cemetery at 3:00 p.m. under the direction of Metcalf Mortuary.
T 5/29 N3 5/29
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12