Reed Connell Durham Sr., age 86, died Tuesday, May 28, 1991 at the St. George Care Center.
He was born September 18, 1904 at Parowan, Utah to Thomas T. and Annie Connell Durham. He married Violet E. Cottrell, February 4, 1930 in the Mesa Arizona LDS Temple. Reared and educated in Parowan, Mr. Durham Graduated from Parowan High School, received his bachelor's degree from Utah State University, and a Master of Arts Degree from Trenton State, Trenton, New Jersey. He became a member of Phi Delta Kappa in 1964. Mr. Durham taught at Utah State, San Diego and New Jersey schools. In New Jersey he served on the Board of Education. He had lived in Long Beach, Calif.; San Diego, Calif; and Trenton, New Jersey before coming to St. George, Utah in 1975.An active member of the LDS Church, he had served as Bishop three different times, Branch President three times, High Councilman, Ordinance Worker and served a mission to the Eastern Canada Mission in 1924-26 and another with his wife to the Western Canada Mission in 1970-72.
Surviving family members include three sons and one daughter; Reed Durham Jr., Logan, Utah; Bryan Durham, Alaska; James Durham, Germany and Luanne Glassford, San Diego, Calif. Also 24 grandchildren, 39 great-grandchildren, four brothers and sisters, Karl, Lynn and Eldon, California; Gordon, Wyoming and Caroline, California.
Funeral services will be held at Metcalf Mortuary Chapel, 288 West St. George Blvd., Friday, May 31, 1991 at 11 a.m. where friends may call Thursday evening from 7-8 p.m. and again on Friday from 9:30-10`30 a.m. prior to services. Interment will be at the Parowan City Cemetery at 3:00 p.m. under the direction of Metcalf Mortuary.
T 5/29 N3 5/29
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22