After a four-year layoff, the Salt Lake Valley Racing Association will slip into gear and return super modified racing to Bonneville Raceway Park on Memorial Day.
The show will feature a full complement of high-speed racers, including open wheel and sprint cars.Time trials on Monday will begin at 7 p.m., with the first races at 8 p.m.
According to Sam James, who is heading the newly organized SLVRA, this is the first of six scheduled races at Bonneville this season.
More importantly, he notes, many of the old champions will be returning to the 1/3-mile oval. Among them will be Rod Rowland, Chris Hendricks and Dave Fitzgerald, along with Mel Andrus Jr., Mark Bergener, Ray C. Bergener, Charlie Brent, Marty Daily, Dave Adamson and Chris Youngman.
Racing under a new sprint car schedule will be former super stock names like former national road racing champion Ron Christensen, former stock car champ Dusty Dastrup, Gary Madsen, Allen Taylor, Tracy Norman, Jerry Adams and Nick Gullo.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15