After a four-year layoff, the Salt Lake Valley Racing Association will slip into gear and return super modified racing to Bonneville Raceway Park on Memorial Day.
The show will feature a full complement of high-speed racers, including open wheel and sprint cars.Time trials on Monday will begin at 7 p.m., with the first races at 8 p.m.
According to Sam James, who is heading the newly organized SLVRA, this is the first of six scheduled races at Bonneville this season.
More importantly, he notes, many of the old champions will be returning to the 1/3-mile oval. Among them will be Rod Rowland, Chris Hendricks and Dave Fitzgerald, along with Mel Andrus Jr., Mark Bergener, Ray C. Bergener, Charlie Brent, Marty Daily, Dave Adamson and Chris Youngman.
Racing under a new sprint car schedule will be former super stock names like former national road racing champion Ron Christensen, former stock car champ Dusty Dastrup, Gary Madsen, Allen Taylor, Tracy Norman, Jerry Adams and Nick Gullo.
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while lunging...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Deputies fish out 4 cars from Pineview Reservoir
- Chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia sufferers...
- 'They killed my son because he's black,'...
- 2 girls abducted in Bountiful escape in...
- Utah State Prison inmate dies following fight
- Friends, family, strangers gather at vigil...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 76
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 57
- Utah makes final plea for Supreme Court... 53
- Taylorsville teacher injured after her... 47
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 42
- Do guns belong in the hands of... 39
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for... 24
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16