After a four-year layoff, the Salt Lake Valley Racing Association will slip into gear and return super modified racing to Bonneville Raceway Park on Memorial Day.
The show will feature a full complement of high-speed racers, including open wheel and sprint cars.Time trials on Monday will begin at 7 p.m., with the first races at 8 p.m.
According to Sam James, who is heading the newly organized SLVRA, this is the first of six scheduled races at Bonneville this season.
More importantly, he notes, many of the old champions will be returning to the 1/3-mile oval. Among them will be Rod Rowland, Chris Hendricks and Dave Fitzgerald, along with Mel Andrus Jr., Mark Bergener, Ray C. Bergener, Charlie Brent, Marty Daily, Dave Adamson and Chris Youngman.
Racing under a new sprint car schedule will be former super stock names like former national road racing champion Ron Christensen, former stock car champ Dusty Dastrup, Gary Madsen, Allen Taylor, Tracy Norman, Jerry Adams and Nick Gullo.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10