After a four-year layoff, the Salt Lake Valley Racing Association will slip into gear and return super modified racing to Bonneville Raceway Park on Memorial Day.
The show will feature a full complement of high-speed racers, including open wheel and sprint cars.Time trials on Monday will begin at 7 p.m., with the first races at 8 p.m.
According to Sam James, who is heading the newly organized SLVRA, this is the first of six scheduled races at Bonneville this season.
More importantly, he notes, many of the old champions will be returning to the 1/3-mile oval. Among them will be Rod Rowland, Chris Hendricks and Dave Fitzgerald, along with Mel Andrus Jr., Mark Bergener, Ray C. Bergener, Charlie Brent, Marty Daily, Dave Adamson and Chris Youngman.
Racing under a new sprint car schedule will be former super stock names like former national road racing champion Ron Christensen, former stock car champ Dusty Dastrup, Gary Madsen, Allen Taylor, Tracy Norman, Jerry Adams and Nick Gullo.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 57
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Father, son used LDS Church membership... 27
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Hatch plays key role in Senate passing... 12