After a four-year layoff, the Salt Lake Valley Racing Association will slip into gear and return super modified racing to Bonneville Raceway Park on Memorial Day.
The show will feature a full complement of high-speed racers, including open wheel and sprint cars.Time trials on Monday will begin at 7 p.m., with the first races at 8 p.m.
According to Sam James, who is heading the newly organized SLVRA, this is the first of six scheduled races at Bonneville this season.
More importantly, he notes, many of the old champions will be returning to the 1/3-mile oval. Among them will be Rod Rowland, Chris Hendricks and Dave Fitzgerald, along with Mel Andrus Jr., Mark Bergener, Ray C. Bergener, Charlie Brent, Marty Daily, Dave Adamson and Chris Youngman.
Racing under a new sprint car schedule will be former super stock names like former national road racing champion Ron Christensen, former stock car champ Dusty Dastrup, Gary Madsen, Allen Taylor, Tracy Norman, Jerry Adams and Nick Gullo.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 61
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17