A friend of the alleged victim in the William Kennedy Smith rape case said Smith raped the woman twice during the Easter Sunday incident at the Kennedy's Palm Beach, Fla., compound and then shrugged it off.
Anne Mercer, who picked up the unidentified victim at the Kennedy estate after the incident, told Fox Network's "A Current Affair" reporter Steve Dunleavy that she confronted Smith and asked him how he could he do this to her friend, according to a network press release."He shrugged," Mercer said in the interview to be aired Tuesday. "He didn't say anything."
Mercer said Smith looked "very calm."
In her first public interview since the alleged rape, Mercer said that after she took the victim to her home, "We really couldn't make much sense of her for quite some time. She was just so shook up. I've never seen anything quite like it.
"She said she'd been raped twice. At one point we asked her if we should call the police and she didn't want to call the police because she didn't want to get inolved with the Kennedys."
Mercer said she didn't believe Smith when he reportedly denied raping the woman, claiming it was only "rough sex" between consenting adults.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9