A friend of the alleged victim in the William Kennedy Smith rape case said Smith raped the woman twice during the Easter Sunday incident at the Kennedy's Palm Beach, Fla., compound and then shrugged it off.
Anne Mercer, who picked up the unidentified victim at the Kennedy estate after the incident, told Fox Network's "A Current Affair" reporter Steve Dunleavy that she confronted Smith and asked him how he could he do this to her friend, according to a network press release."He shrugged," Mercer said in the interview to be aired Tuesday. "He didn't say anything."
Mercer said Smith looked "very calm."
In her first public interview since the alleged rape, Mercer said that after she took the victim to her home, "We really couldn't make much sense of her for quite some time. She was just so shook up. I've never seen anything quite like it.
"She said she'd been raped twice. At one point we asked her if we should call the police and she didn't want to call the police because she didn't want to get inolved with the Kennedys."
Mercer said she didn't believe Smith when he reportedly denied raping the woman, claiming it was only "rough sex" between consenting adults.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Wyoming authorities to speak about Utah rail...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Deerlodge Road to undergo $5.6M in improvements
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 35
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 25