A friend of the alleged victim in the William Kennedy Smith rape case said Smith raped the woman twice during the Easter Sunday incident at the Kennedy's Palm Beach, Fla., compound and then shrugged it off.
Anne Mercer, who picked up the unidentified victim at the Kennedy estate after the incident, told Fox Network's "A Current Affair" reporter Steve Dunleavy that she confronted Smith and asked him how he could he do this to her friend, according to a network press release."He shrugged," Mercer said in the interview to be aired Tuesday. "He didn't say anything."
Mercer said Smith looked "very calm."
In her first public interview since the alleged rape, Mercer said that after she took the victim to her home, "We really couldn't make much sense of her for quite some time. She was just so shook up. I've never seen anything quite like it.
"She said she'd been raped twice. At one point we asked her if we should call the police and she didn't want to call the police because she didn't want to get inolved with the Kennedys."
Mercer said she didn't believe Smith when he reportedly denied raping the woman, claiming it was only "rough sex" between consenting adults.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11