Neal E. Lambert, a professor of American studies and English at Brigham Young University, has been named chairman of the English Department, President Rex E. Lee has announced.
The appointment is effective this summer.Lambert will replace William A. Wilson who is taking professional development leave to do research in Finland.
Lambert joined the BYU faculty in 1966 and has served five years as associate academic vice president for graduate work and research. He also has been academic adviser to the BYU Bookstore and chairman of the Faculty Advisory Council.
The Fillmore, Utah, native received his bachelor's and doctoral degrees from the University of Utah, where he specialized in literature of the American West.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Audit: Ex-employee embezzled $67K from Utah...
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14