Neal E. Lambert, a professor of American studies and English at Brigham Young University, has been named chairman of the English Department, President Rex E. Lee has announced.
The appointment is effective this summer.Lambert will replace William A. Wilson who is taking professional development leave to do research in Finland.
Lambert joined the BYU faculty in 1966 and has served five years as associate academic vice president for graduate work and research. He also has been academic adviser to the BYU Bookstore and chairman of the Faculty Advisory Council.
The Fillmore, Utah, native received his bachelor's and doctoral degrees from the University of Utah, where he specialized in literature of the American West.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26