Neal E. Lambert, a professor of American studies and English at Brigham Young University, has been named chairman of the English Department, President Rex E. Lee has announced.
The appointment is effective this summer.Lambert will replace William A. Wilson who is taking professional development leave to do research in Finland.
Lambert joined the BYU faculty in 1966 and has served five years as associate academic vice president for graduate work and research. He also has been academic adviser to the BYU Bookstore and chairman of the Faculty Advisory Council.
The Fillmore, Utah, native received his bachelor's and doctoral degrees from the University of Utah, where he specialized in literature of the American West.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- 4 honored with 2016 Public Service Awards
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 15
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 12
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9