Neal E. Lambert, a professor of American studies and English at Brigham Young University, has been named chairman of the English Department, President Rex E. Lee has announced.
The appointment is effective this summer.Lambert will replace William A. Wilson who is taking professional development leave to do research in Finland.
Lambert joined the BYU faculty in 1966 and has served five years as associate academic vice president for graduate work and research. He also has been academic adviser to the BYU Bookstore and chairman of the Faculty Advisory Council.
The Fillmore, Utah, native received his bachelor's and doctoral degrees from the University of Utah, where he specialized in literature of the American West.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt Lake...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26