Neal E. Lambert, a professor of American studies and English at Brigham Young University, has been named chairman of the English Department, President Rex E. Lee has announced.
The appointment is effective this summer.Lambert will replace William A. Wilson who is taking professional development leave to do research in Finland.
Lambert joined the BYU faculty in 1966 and has served five years as associate academic vice president for graduate work and research. He also has been academic adviser to the BYU Bookstore and chairman of the Faculty Advisory Council.
The Fillmore, Utah, native received his bachelor's and doctoral degrees from the University of Utah, where he specialized in literature of the American West.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14