Garland Pope, 89, passed away February 9, 1991 in a local hospital.
Born April 5, 1901 in Lyman, Wyoming to Louis Richard and Effie May Stoddard Pope. He married Doris May Mulcock February 25, 1924 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He served his country at the end of WW I, in the U.S. Air Force. Garland was a hard working, self employed ceramic tile contractor; owner of Pope Tile Company. He was a former member of the Ceramic Tiles Setters Union, and the Ceramic Contractors Association of Utah. Garland enjoyed the outdoors, fishing, and especially hunting. He also enjoyed traveling, and he and Doris had visited every state in the Union. His passing saddens our hearts and leaves a great void in our lives.Survived by his wife, Doris of Salt Lake City; a son, G. Boyd Pope, also Salt Lake; three daughters, Beverly L. McAffee, Johnson City, Tenn.; Joylin Mahl, Fountain Valley, Calif.; and Gayle Holmgren, Omaha, Neb.; 16 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Essie Blackner, Draper; and Audrey Jordan, Bountiful. Preceded in death by a grandson, Darrell Walker; two brothers, Louis and Darwin; and a sister, Edna.
Funeral services will be Wednesday, February 13th, 11 a.m., at the Holbrook Funeral Chapel, 3251 South 2300 East, where friends may call Tuesday, from 7-8 p.m. and on Wednesday, for one hour prior to the services. Interment, Sunset Gardens of the Valley. Funeral directors, The Holbrook Funeral Chapel.
T 2/10 3 2/11
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17