Wm. Harold Ross, our loving husband, father, grandfather, brother and friend, passed away Monday, February 4, 1991, of a heart attack.
He was born July 13, 1920, Murray, Utah, a son of Charles Edwin and Annie Mary Lundquist Ross. Married Fae Labrum, October 10, 1946, Bennion, Utah. The marriage was solemnized in the Salt Lake LDS Temple, November 19, 1947. Graduated from Murray High School in 1940. Served in the U.S. Army during World War II. Active member of LDS Church. Currently serving as assistant in High Priest Group, Ward Clerk, Counselor in Bishopric and many other positions. Served with wife, Fae, in the Philippine Manila Mission and the Salt Lake City, Utah Laotion Mission. Life member of S.U.P. Served as board member of Salt Lake Retail Grocers for many years and as president 1969-70. Member Sugarhouse Chamber of Commerce. For 38 years he was a manager, supervisor and buyer for Grand Central, Mayfair and Smiths grocery markets. Known affectionately in the grocery business as "Rock". He later owned and operated Ross's Market in Taylorsville.He is survived by his wife, Fae, Bennion; two sons and two daughters, Stan and wife, Barbara, Murray; Grant and wife, Nanci, West Jordan; Mrs. Dale (Kathy) Magleby, West Valley; Mrs. Reid (Carolyn) Swain, Parker, Colorado; 17 grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Rulon (Dorothy) Alder, Salt Lake City. Preceded in death by parents and sister, Mrs. Arthur (Virginia) Austin.
Funeral services will be held Friday, 12 Noon, Cross Pointe Ward, 1325 West 5550 South. Friends may call Thursday, 5-8 p.m. at McDougal Golden Rule Funeral Home, 4330 South Redwood Road and Friday, at the church 11-11:40 a.m. Interment: Redwood Memorial Estates.
N3 2/5 N1 2/7
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23