Wm. Harold Ross, our loving husband, father, grandfather, brother and friend, passed away Monday, February 4, 1991, of a heart attack.
He was born July 13, 1920, Murray, Utah, a son of Charles Edwin and Annie Mary Lundquist Ross. Married Fae Labrum, October 10, 1946, Bennion, Utah. The marriage was solemnized in the Salt Lake LDS Temple, November 19, 1947. Graduated from Murray High School in 1940. Served in the U.S. Army during World War II. Active member of LDS Church. Currently serving as assistant in High Priest Group, Ward Clerk, Counselor in Bishopric and many other positions. Served with wife, Fae, in the Philippine Manila Mission and the Salt Lake City, Utah Laotion Mission. Life member of S.U.P. Served as board member of Salt Lake Retail Grocers for many years and as president 1969-70. Member Sugarhouse Chamber of Commerce. For 38 years he was a manager, supervisor and buyer for Grand Central, Mayfair and Smiths grocery markets. Known affectionately in the grocery business as "Rock". He later owned and operated Ross's Market in Taylorsville.He is survived by his wife, Fae, Bennion; two sons and two daughters, Stan and wife, Barbara, Murray; Grant and wife, Nanci, West Jordan; Mrs. Dale (Kathy) Magleby, West Valley; Mrs. Reid (Carolyn) Swain, Parker, Colorado; 17 grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Rulon (Dorothy) Alder, Salt Lake City. Preceded in death by parents and sister, Mrs. Arthur (Virginia) Austin.
Funeral services will be held Friday, 12 Noon, Cross Pointe Ward, 1325 West 5550 South. Friends may call Thursday, 5-8 p.m. at McDougal Golden Rule Funeral Home, 4330 South Redwood Road and Friday, at the church 11-11:40 a.m. Interment: Redwood Memorial Estates.
N3 2/5 N1 2/7
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19