George Lauren Clements 1916 ~ 2005 Our beloved husband, father, brother, and grandfather, George Lauren Clements, passed away August 27, 2005. Born April 20, 1916, in Amarillo, Texas to Aubie Byrd and Elva Corinne Brewington Clements. Married Eudora Fowler, May 6, 1934, in Louisville, KY, where George was stationed at Fort Knox in an armored battalion. Their marriage was later solemnized in the Salt Lake Temple. He served during World War II in Europe. George served four missions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Two of them with his wife, Eudora. They also served as ordinance workers in the Jordan River Temple. George loved barbershop harmony and was a member of the Beehive Statesman chorus for 30 years and the bulletin editor for 15 years. He is preceded in death by his parents, a brother, William B. and sisters; Dorothy and Corrinne C. Maynard. Survived by his wife, Eudora, son Bruce and daughters: Julie and Jennifer (C Paul) Cahoon, sister Eleanor G. (Reed) Heywood, two grandchildren and five great-granddaughters. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday August 31, 2005 at 2 p.m. at Lakehills Memorial Mortuary, 10055 South State Street in Sandy. Friends and family are invited to call on Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. at the Starcrest Ward, Starcrest Drive (1850 West) 900 North in Salt Lake and one hour prior to services at the mortuary. Interment will be at Lakehills Memorial Cemetery. The family wishes to thank all the staff at the Utah State Veterans Nursing Home who so lovingly cared for him for over three years. YOU ARE ANGELS
- 1 Quiz: Can you guess which Christmas movie these quotes are from?
- 2 The spirit of the season: going above and beyond
- 3 More than texting: The unrecognized epidemic of distracted driving
- 4 The ultimate advent calendar of Utah activities
- 5 Illustrator to paint holiday mural in Provo
- 92 Jason Buck: Independence is like wandering in the wilderness for BYU
- 71 Thousands urging Utah electors to oppose Trump
- 68 BYU football: Cougars add 13th game to 2017 schedule, will open at home against Portland State
- 65 McMullin calls Trump's attitude a threat to Constitution
- 61 In our opinion: The GOP should think twice before exercising the 'Nuclear Option' for Supreme Court nominees
- 57 'A great destination': Utes going bowling against Indiana in Foster Farms Bowl
- 49 With Huntsman in mix for secretary of state, will Romney be passed over?
- 45 Letter: To President Obama