George Marett Sheriff BRIDGELAND, DUCHESNE CO.- George Ephraim Marett, age 88, of Bridgeland passed away quietly in his sleep on January 27, 2005 at his home. George was born July 13, 1916 in Lake Fork (Ioka) to Parley Marvell and Mary Lavina Mitchell Marett. Married for 56 years to Edythe Wimmer. Since 1954 George and Edythe have lived on their farm near Duchesne. George's first love as an occupation was tilling the soil. He served for 24 years as elected County Sheriff of Duchesne County. After retiring from the office of sheriff he devoted his working time to running the family farm, with the help of his children and grandchildren. An active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, George served as Bishop's Counselor in the Bridgeland Ward and on the High Council of the Duchesne Utah Stake. Survived by wife, Edythe, Bridgeland; children Adele (Carl) Preyer, Englewood, CO; Julie (Max) Forbush, Farmington, UT; Annette (Mike) Ferrin, St. George; Roger (Dawna) Marett, Duchesne; Jeff (Kathy) Marett, Duchesne; 25 grandchildren, 12 great-grandchildren, a brother Lawrence (Swede) Marett, Whittier CA; sisters LaRue Bell, Salt Lake City; and Josephine (Earl) Van de Graaff, Calexico, CA. The family expresses special gratitude to Dr. Kent Smith and the staff of the Uintah Basin Medical Center, and the Home Health and Hospice staffs. Funeral services Saturday, January 29, 2005 at 12:00 noon in the Bridgeland Ward. Viewing Saturday morning from 9:30 - 11:45 a.m.; burial in the Bridgeland Cemetery under direction of the Hullinger Mortuary www.hullingermortuary.com. Sheriffs' Honor Guard under direction of the Duchesne County Sheriff, Merv Gustin.
- 1 Quiz: Can you guess which Christmas movie these quotes are from?
- 2 The spirit of the season: going above and beyond
- 3 More than texting: The unrecognized epidemic of distracted driving
- 4 The ultimate advent calendar of Utah activities
- 5 'Princess Academy' musical to debut at South Jordan's Kensington Theatre
- 115 Jason Buck: Independence is like wandering in the wilderness for BYU
- 79 Governor announces deal with Amazon.com to collect sales tax on Utah purchases
- 69 McMullin calls Trump's attitude a threat to Constitution
- 69 BYU football: Cougars add 13th game to 2017 schedule, will open at home against Portland State
- 65 'A great destination': Utes going bowling against Indiana in Foster Farms Bowl
- 63 In our opinion: The GOP should think twice before exercising the 'Nuclear Option' for Supreme Court nominees
- 55 Utah finishes fast to outlast Utah Valley, 87-80
- 50 With Huntsman in mix for secretary of state, will Romney be passed over?