1974 ~ 2004
Matthew Seth Jacobson, son of Paul and Nancy Jacobson, died September 25, 2004 in a hot air balloon accident in Lewisburg, West Virginia.
He was born February 24, 1974 at Hill Air Force Base in Layton, Utah.
Having grown up in an Air Force family, Matt's childhood was spent in California, Florida, North Carolina, England and Utah.
After serving a two-year mission for the LDS Church in Cebu, Philippines, he was married to his high school sweetheart, Alison Jane Terry, in the Salt Lake City, Utah LDS Temple.
Matthew Graduated from Brighton High School in 1992, and from the University of Utah in 1998 with a degree in English. He continued his education at Washington and Lee University School of Law, earning his Juris Doctor. He loved all forms of aviation and had been a licensed pilot since high school. After practicing law for two years, Matt pursued his lifelong dream of starting his own business; Resort Aerosports was his first of several ventures.
Matt is survived by his wife, Alison; and three beautiful children, Ethan (7), Emma (4), and Mary (9 months). He is also survived by parents, Paul and Nancy Jacobson of Denver, Colorado; sisters, Helen Zollinger (Christian) of Idaho Falls and Becky Jacobson of Denver, Colorado; parents-in-law, Mike and Linda Terry and family of Sandy, Utah; and seven adoring nieces and nephews. Matthew was preceded in death by his older brother, Brian Jacobson. Matt will also be dearly missed by many friends.
Services will be held Monday October 4 th ,1 p.m. at Wasatch Lawn Mortuary. Family and friends may call one hour prior to the service. Interment at Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 22
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16