1915 ~ 2004
Marba Snow, 89, of Huntington Woods and, more recently, Novi, MI passed away peacefully at her home September 20, 2004.
Marba was born Feb. 24th 1915 in Lewiston, Utah, the oldest daughter of George Francis Andersen and Erma Oles Marler.
Marba was raised in the West, living in Las Vegas, San Francisco and Salt Lake City where she graduated from West High School in 1933. In 1937 she married Jonathan Snow in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. After short stays in Des Moines, Iowa and Chicago, Illinois, Jonathan and Marba moved to Royal Oak, Michigan where they lived for 60 years until Jonathan's death in Oct. 2001. Marba was married to Jonathan for 64 years a marriage that was the finest example of fidelity, devotion, respect and love. Marba and Jonathan's children never doubted that they were sweethearts forever and totally in love.
Marba never worked outside the home. Rather, she spent her life in the more important endeavor of raising and nurturing her five children. She was always a wonderful example of what a mother should be.
Marba was a life-long, faithful member of the LDS Church. She held many church positions including three years serving with Jonathan as a
Mission President couple.
Marba loved to travel and constantly dragged Jonathan around the world to explore exotic historical sights and to view the art treasures of the world. Marba hated airplanes, but she truly loved cruise ships.
Marba is survived by her sisters
Josie Ostler and Nedra (Gil) Warner: children Kathryn (George) Jarvis, David (MarGene) Snow, Paul (Leslie) Snow, Linda (Paul) Dennis and Jonathan (Mary) Snow Jr.; 24 grandchildren and 26 great grandchildren.
Services and interment will take place in Royal Oak, Michigan.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 39
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 14
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9