1915 ~ 2004
Marba Snow, 89, of Huntington Woods and, more recently, Novi, MI passed away peacefully at her home September 20, 2004.
Marba was born Feb. 24th 1915 in Lewiston, Utah, the oldest daughter of George Francis Andersen and Erma Oles Marler.
Marba was raised in the West, living in Las Vegas, San Francisco and Salt Lake City where she graduated from West High School in 1933. In 1937 she married Jonathan Snow in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. After short stays in Des Moines, Iowa and Chicago, Illinois, Jonathan and Marba moved to Royal Oak, Michigan where they lived for 60 years until Jonathan's death in Oct. 2001. Marba was married to Jonathan for 64 years a marriage that was the finest example of fidelity, devotion, respect and love. Marba and Jonathan's children never doubted that they were sweethearts forever and totally in love.
Marba never worked outside the home. Rather, she spent her life in the more important endeavor of raising and nurturing her five children. She was always a wonderful example of what a mother should be.
Marba was a life-long, faithful member of the LDS Church. She held many church positions including three years serving with Jonathan as a
Mission President couple.
Marba loved to travel and constantly dragged Jonathan around the world to explore exotic historical sights and to view the art treasures of the world. Marba hated airplanes, but she truly loved cruise ships.
Marba is survived by her sisters
Josie Ostler and Nedra (Gil) Warner: children Kathryn (George) Jarvis, David (MarGene) Snow, Paul (Leslie) Snow, Linda (Paul) Dennis and Jonathan (Mary) Snow Jr.; 24 grandchildren and 26 great grandchildren.
Services and interment will take place in Royal Oak, Michigan.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 160
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17