1920 ~ 2004
"Huff" passed away September 11, 2004 in the early morning hours at his home with his wife and children present. His tired body finally wore out after 84 years of selfless service to others.
With an eye keenly focused on the eternal nature of life, his life was patterned after his Savior and friend. His every thought and deed was directed towards the happiness and comfort of his children and his eternal companion of 57 years.
He served his country at the invasion of Normandy and in the Battle of the Bulge during World War II. He pursued a career in chemical, metallurgical and environmental research for Kennecott.
His life was a living testimony of his savior Jesus Christ, manifest in his love and service towards others. This testimony was magnified through service in most every capacity including three missions (two with his eternal companion), temple ordinance worker, bishop, branch president, neighbor, and friend. "The fact that my savior lives has been an absolute fact in my life," he wrote, "and that we may again dwell in His presence has been the greatest influence in my life." A scripture that truly characterizes his life reads, "...whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall find it." We love him and shall miss him deeply, but the memory of his life is forever etched in the souls of all who knew him.
Alton is survived by his wife, Marian; seven children, Todd and Maureen Huffaker, Tim and Peggy Huffaker, Meg and Craig Taft, Paula and Brian Mogenson, Tawnie and Keith Oliverson, Melanie and Stanford Fitts, Ford and Paula Huffaker; 30 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held Wed-nesday, September 15, 2004 at 12 noon at the Capitol Hill Ward Chapel, 413 N. West Capitol Street (directly west of the state capitol building) where a viewing will also be held Tuesday evening September 14, 2004 from 7-8 p.m. and from 11-11:30 a.m. prior to the service. Online condolences: larkinmortuary.com
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17