1938 ~ 2004
Ramona Hansen Dixon of Sandy, Utah, passed away July 21, 2004 after a long, courageous battle with her health.
She was born March 27, 1938 to Grandford George and Madora Lund Hansen in Fairview, Utah. She moved to Magna, Utah at age 16 where she graduated from Cyprus High School. After graduation she attended cosmetology school on scholarship and was affiliated with the LDS Sororiety at the University of Utah. On September 21, 1959, she married Dennis M. Dixon in the Manti Temple; later divorced.
Ramona was an active member of the LDS Church and a longtime temple worker, having served three temple missions totaling 12 years. She loved serving the youth of the church in various Primary callings. She was also a faithful visiting teacher for 25 years. Her professional career consisted of 32 years with First Security Bank. Throughout her lifetime she was loved and appreciated by many friends.
Ramona is survived by two sons, Jeffrey McKeever Dixon of Salt Lake, and Daniel George Dixon (Paulette) of Auburn, Washington. Siblings, Don A. Hansen (Virgina) of West Jordan, Juanita Hansen O'Brien (Gary) of Salt Lake, Larry L. Hansen (Cheryl) of South Jordan. Grandson, Maks Dixon. Preceded in death by her parents; and brother, Grandford Earl Hansen.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday, July 27, 2004 at 11 a.m. at the Midvalley Stake Center, 1106 East 8055 South. (access from 1300 East) Friends may call Monday evening at Goff Mortuary, 8090 South State, from 6-8 p.m. or Tuesday at the church from 9:45-10:45 a.m. Interment, Fairview City Cemetery.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15