Harris H. Simmons, president of Zions Bancorp., has been named president and chief executive officer of the bank holding company's principal subsidiary, Zions First National Bank.
He will retain the Zions Bancorp. position he has held since 1986.It was also announced that Ronald S. Hanson has been named vice chairman of Zions Bancorp. Roy W. Simmons will continue as chairman.
Harris Simmons began his banking career with Zions Bank in 1970 and has served in several capacities with the organization, including seven years as its chief financial officer.
He has also worked for Andressens Bank in Oslo, Norway, and for Allied Bank of Texas. He is chairman of the Utah Bankers Association and as a director of LDS Hospital, Utah Symphony and Shelter the Homeless Inc.
Harris Simmons earned a bachelor's degree in economics from the University of Utah and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 17
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9