Harris H. Simmons, president of Zions Bancorp., has been named president and chief executive officer of the bank holding company's principal subsidiary, Zions First National Bank.
He will retain the Zions Bancorp. position he has held since 1986.It was also announced that Ronald S. Hanson has been named vice chairman of Zions Bancorp. Roy W. Simmons will continue as chairman.
Harris Simmons began his banking career with Zions Bank in 1970 and has served in several capacities with the organization, including seven years as its chief financial officer.
He has also worked for Andressens Bank in Oslo, Norway, and for Allied Bank of Texas. He is chairman of the Utah Bankers Association and as a director of LDS Hospital, Utah Symphony and Shelter the Homeless Inc.
Harris Simmons earned a bachelor's degree in economics from the University of Utah and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 56
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 11
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8