Harris H. Simmons, president of Zions Bancorp., has been named president and chief executive officer of the bank holding company's principal subsidiary, Zions First National Bank.
He will retain the Zions Bancorp. position he has held since 1986.It was also announced that Ronald S. Hanson has been named vice chairman of Zions Bancorp. Roy W. Simmons will continue as chairman.
Harris Simmons began his banking career with Zions Bank in 1970 and has served in several capacities with the organization, including seven years as its chief financial officer.
He has also worked for Andressens Bank in Oslo, Norway, and for Allied Bank of Texas. He is chairman of the Utah Bankers Association and as a director of LDS Hospital, Utah Symphony and Shelter the Homeless Inc.
Harris Simmons earned a bachelor's degree in economics from the University of Utah and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- Heber boy in custody battle found in Tulsa...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 50
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 49
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 48
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 25