Harris H. Simmons, president of Zions Bancorp., has been named president and chief executive officer of the bank holding company's principal subsidiary, Zions First National Bank.
He will retain the Zions Bancorp. position he has held since 1986.It was also announced that Ronald S. Hanson has been named vice chairman of Zions Bancorp. Roy W. Simmons will continue as chairman.
Harris Simmons began his banking career with Zions Bank in 1970 and has served in several capacities with the organization, including seven years as its chief financial officer.
He has also worked for Andressens Bank in Oslo, Norway, and for Allied Bank of Texas. He is chairman of the Utah Bankers Association and as a director of LDS Hospital, Utah Symphony and Shelter the Homeless Inc.
Harris Simmons earned a bachelor's degree in economics from the University of Utah and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Dixie State board of trustees elects new...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 24
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13