1911 ~ 2004
LEHI, UTAH -
Marie Jane Maynard Griffiths, 92, beloved wife and mother, passed away Sunday, April 11, 2004 in Lehi, Utah.
She was born April 28, 1911 in South Jordan, Utah to William and Grace Mooso Maynard. Marie married her sweetheart Stanley Griffiths in 1927. She worked as a nurse's aide during the Polio epidemic at the Salt Lake County Hospital. Later she worked in the delivery room of the Cottonwood Hospital. Marie loved crocheting and putting up the fruit and vegetables grown by her husband. She also cherished her association with her Relief Society friends.
Marie is survived by son Lynn A. Griffiths of Midvale, Utah; six grandchildren; many great-grand-children; her sisters, Lila Maynard Chiea, West Jordan, Utah; Iona Maynard Pangos, Sandy, Utah; Loa Maynard Lawson, Sandy, Utah; and brother William (Bill) Maynard, Murray, Utah. Preceded in death by her husband, Stanley Griffiths and eldest son Earl S. Griffiths.
Viewings will be held Wed., April 14, 2004 at Goff Mortuary, 8090 So. State, Midvale, from 6-8 p.m. and on Thurs., April 15, from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Graveside services Thursday at 11 a.m. at Elysian Burial Gardens, 1075 East 4580 South, Murray.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 24
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14