1911 ~ 2004
LEHI, UTAH -
Marie Jane Maynard Griffiths, 92, beloved wife and mother, passed away Sunday, April 11, 2004 in Lehi, Utah.
She was born April 28, 1911 in South Jordan, Utah to William and Grace Mooso Maynard. Marie married her sweetheart Stanley Griffiths in 1927. She worked as a nurse's aide during the Polio epidemic at the Salt Lake County Hospital. Later she worked in the delivery room of the Cottonwood Hospital. Marie loved crocheting and putting up the fruit and vegetables grown by her husband. She also cherished her association with her Relief Society friends.
Marie is survived by son Lynn A. Griffiths of Midvale, Utah; six grandchildren; many great-grand-children; her sisters, Lila Maynard Chiea, West Jordan, Utah; Iona Maynard Pangos, Sandy, Utah; Loa Maynard Lawson, Sandy, Utah; and brother William (Bill) Maynard, Murray, Utah. Preceded in death by her husband, Stanley Griffiths and eldest son Earl S. Griffiths.
Viewings will be held Wed., April 14, 2004 at Goff Mortuary, 8090 So. State, Midvale, from 6-8 p.m. and on Thurs., April 15, from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Graveside services Thursday at 11 a.m. at Elysian Burial Gardens, 1075 East 4580 South, Murray.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 66
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 36
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16