1911 ~ 2004
LEHI, UTAH -
Marie Jane Maynard Griffiths, 92, beloved wife and mother, passed away Sunday, April 11, 2004 in Lehi, Utah.
She was born April 28, 1911 in South Jordan, Utah to William and Grace Mooso Maynard. Marie married her sweetheart Stanley Griffiths in 1927. She worked as a nurse's aide during the Polio epidemic at the Salt Lake County Hospital. Later she worked in the delivery room of the Cottonwood Hospital. Marie loved crocheting and putting up the fruit and vegetables grown by her husband. She also cherished her association with her Relief Society friends.
Marie is survived by son Lynn A. Griffiths of Midvale, Utah; six grandchildren; many great-grand-children; her sisters, Lila Maynard Chiea, West Jordan, Utah; Iona Maynard Pangos, Sandy, Utah; Loa Maynard Lawson, Sandy, Utah; and brother William (Bill) Maynard, Murray, Utah. Preceded in death by her husband, Stanley Griffiths and eldest son Earl S. Griffiths.
Viewings will be held Wed., April 14, 2004 at Goff Mortuary, 8090 So. State, Midvale, from 6-8 p.m. and on Thurs., April 15, from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Graveside services Thursday at 11 a.m. at Elysian Burial Gardens, 1075 East 4580 South, Murray.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 16
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13