1939 ~ 2004
Mike has again deeply affected the lives of many. This time it is the many who mourn his passing. Usually he touched our lives with a good story, with advice, by helping those he loved, or through untold acts of friendship. Throughout his life he was extraordinarily skilled with his hands and his heart. He crafted beautiful things from metal and formed many lasting friendships.
Mike was born to Robert and Dagmar Tschaggeny on 13 October 1939, the fourth of seven children. He died on 2 March 2004. He worked for Metals Manufacturing Company, a family business and Harman's Kentucky Fried Chicken. Service in the Army included active duty during the Berlin Crisis.
Mike married Carolyn West (later divorced) in 1960. Together they had four children Camille, Mike Jr. (Kim), Elwood (Jackie), and Andrea. Grandchildren are Brandon, Mike III, and Madyson Tschaggeny. He is survived by his children, grandchildren, and brothers and sisters Robert (Arlene), Rudy (Donna Mae), Pat Duffin, David (Charlene), Kathryn Hendrickson (Lynn), and Stan (Elaine), and nieces and nephews. Preceded in death by his parents.
God's answer to prayers and Mike's tough, positive attitude combined with the skilled and caring medical personnel at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Salt Lake City gave Mike fifteen good years of life after his initial diagnosis of lung cancer. We express our gratitude. Friends and family members were always there in the good times and the times of need. We thank you.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, March 6, 2004 at 11:00 a.m., Larkin Sunset Lawn Mortuary, 2350 East 1300 South in Salt Lake. A viewing will be held from 10 to 11 a.m. prior to services. Interment Wasatch Lawn.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8