1939 ~ 2004
Mike has again deeply affected the lives of many. This time it is the many who mourn his passing. Usually he touched our lives with a good story, with advice, by helping those he loved, or through untold acts of friendship. Throughout his life he was extraordinarily skilled with his hands and his heart. He crafted beautiful things from metal and formed many lasting friendships.
Mike was born to Robert and Dagmar Tschaggeny on 13 October 1939, the fourth of seven children. He died on 2 March 2004. He worked for Metals Manufacturing Company, a family business and Harman's Kentucky Fried Chicken. Service in the Army included active duty during the Berlin Crisis.
Mike married Carolyn West (later divorced) in 1960. Together they had four children Camille, Mike Jr. (Kim), Elwood (Jackie), and Andrea. Grandchildren are Brandon, Mike III, and Madyson Tschaggeny. He is survived by his children, grandchildren, and brothers and sisters Robert (Arlene), Rudy (Donna Mae), Pat Duffin, David (Charlene), Kathryn Hendrickson (Lynn), and Stan (Elaine), and nieces and nephews. Preceded in death by his parents.
God's answer to prayers and Mike's tough, positive attitude combined with the skilled and caring medical personnel at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Salt Lake City gave Mike fifteen good years of life after his initial diagnosis of lung cancer. We express our gratitude. Friends and family members were always there in the good times and the times of need. We thank you.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, March 6, 2004 at 11:00 a.m., Larkin Sunset Lawn Mortuary, 2350 East 1300 South in Salt Lake. A viewing will be held from 10 to 11 a.m. prior to services. Interment Wasatch Lawn.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 14
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12