1917 ~ 2004
Helen Maxine Hackett Brown Romney died February 14, 2004 in Bountiful, Utah.
She was born July 17, 1917 to Robert Roy Hackett and Lillian Marie Larson Hackett, in Salt Lake City, Utah. She graduated from South High School. Helen was active in civic affairs her whole life. She served as vice-chairman of the State Republican Party; worked with the state legislature, and was instrumental in the passage of many bills. She was involved in PTA all through her children's school years. She traveled the state promoting tourism for the Sperry and Hutchinson Co.
Helen served on the state Health Board, the state Parks and Recreation Board, and was a founding and charter member of the Utah State Heritage Foundation. Legislative Council, Symphony Guild, Red Cross, Bountiful Fine Arts Guild are just a few of the organizations honored with her intelligence and membership. She had the respect and friendship of Governors, Congressmen, and Presidents. She was a life-long member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She enjoyed travel and spending time at the family home at Bear Lake during the summers. She loved decorating her home and many of her friend's homes for Christmas, and went every autumn to the high Wasatch to gather pine cones and materials for those decorations. She was a woman of strong spirit, great generosity, who had great style and always wore a hat. We were all so lucky to know her. Helen married Vernon C. Brown November 1938 in Farmington Utah. They had three children: Marilyn Brown Hansen, deceased; Jackie Brown Miller, West Bountiful; Thomas V. Brown (Wendy Warren) Portland Oregon. They made their home in Woods Cross. Vernon died November 1955. Helen married Vernon Romney in 1964, they made their home in Bountiful. She welcomed his eight children and their families into her life, and loved being a part of their lives. Vernon Romney died in 1976.
Helen's great love in her life was her family and six grandchildren: Brighton Helen Miller (Jeremy Peabody) San Francisco, California; Michael C. Miller, Auckland, New Zealand; Matthew C. Miller, Salt Lake City; Timmon C. Brown, Salt Lake City; Griffin C. Brown, Portland, Oregon; Lacey Mar Brown, Portland Oregon.
She was preceded in death by her husbands, her daughter Marilyn, her parents, and two brothers: Richard and Wendell.
Memorial services will be held Friday, February 20, 2004 at 11:00 a.m. at Lindquist's Bountiful Mortuary, 727 North 400 East, Bountiful, where friends may call 10:15-10:45 before the service. Burial Bountiful City Cemetery.Funeral Directors: Russon Brothers Bountiful.
Thank you Verna, Orchard Cove, Hospice, and all the friends and caregivers who helped Helen, with love from her family.
On-line guest book and direction map at www.russonmortuary.com.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 24
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11