1932 ~ 2004
Pauline was born March 6, 1932 in Crawford Nebraska at the home of her uncle Robert and Tressa Meckem. The daughter of Francis (Frank) and Maude (Dahlhiemer) Meckem. She attended grade school at Little Cotton Wood Creek school in Souix County, Nebraska. She moved with the family to Casper in 1942 attending McKinley grade school, she graduated from Junior High School in 1946 and Natrona County high School in 1950. She met her husband Leland (Lee)
Affleck in 1951. They were married Sept 15, 1951.
She held many office jobs in Casper including Trigood Oil, Earl Johnson, CPA, Wyoming Trucking Association, Lou Talberts, and Kistler Sporting Goods. She started her insurance career at Tweed agency, worked for Don Burgess at Insurance Services Inc, and retired as an agent for Farmers Ins. Group. She retired due to her health. She was active in her church, LDS. She was a former member of Frontier Credit Women, Insurance Women of Casper (NAIW) and American Business Women of Casper, Palomino Chapter and Teal Chapter ABWA. She served in many offices at Insurance Women and 2 years as President of ABWA, was Woman of the year in 1988 for ABWA. She also, was a member of DOES Drone #33 Casper.
Pauline loved her family and a stranger was a friend she never met!
Survivors include her children two sons: David L (Jean) Affleck of Salt Lake City, Utah; Joel S. Affleck of Casper; daughter Tonya M. Smith of Riverton, Utah; two granddaughters: Tiffeny of Casper and Lindsey of Utah; and two step-granddaughters: Danielle of Casper and Amber who is part of the Armed Forces over in Iraq. Also survived by her brother Bernard (Donna) Meckem of Gillette and many nieces, nephews and friends. She is preceded in death by her husband Lee, 10/8/82, her mother in-law Elma 7/03, her parents, grandparents and three grandsons.
Thanks to CareSource Hospice for their support with Mom's in-home care. Memorials may be made to Huntsman Cancer Institute of Utah in C/O Pauline Affleck: www.huntsmancancer.org/contribute
Memorial Services for Pauline Affleck will be held Thursday, Feb. 5th at the Herriman 4th Ward 4050 W. 12600 S. Riverton, Utah. A dinner before hand will start at 5:30, the viewing and services 6-8. Graveside services will be held in Casper Wyoming Saturday, the 7th of February at 11 am at the Highland Cemetery.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14