Lay those ghost stories to rest, video fans.
That "image" you may haven been seeing in the video version of the movie "Three Men and a Baby" is exactly that--an image of a cardboard cutout of one of the stars, Ted Danson.It's not supernatural, it's not spiritual, it's not even particularly spooky.
What is it, you ask? It's a glitch. Yes that's right--a filmmaker's nightmare, maybe, but not the stuff of demons and devils.
The ghostly shape, is, nonetheless, well on its way to becoming an urban legend.
It surfaced most recently at Pittsburgh, where callers claim to see a ghost on the video--some, in fact, claiming it is the ghost of a young boy who had died an unexplained death in an apartment in New York. Other callers, however, have slightly differing versions of the ghost's identity.
Ghost or no ghost, the hype has scared up a lot of business for video outlets wherever the rumor surfaces.
Ms. Puwal alluded to the possibility of a deliberate publicity stunt to promote the movie's sequel, "Three Men and a Little Lady," which is near completion. "Disney puts out quality movies, and I can't believe that this went unnoticed."
But Steven Feldstein, spokesman for Touchstone Home Video in Burbank, scoffed at the notion and confirmed the image is indeed a cardboard cutout of Danson--a misplaced prop that wasn't noticed.
He also pointed out that the movie didn't have anything to do with an apartment in New York. Or even anywhere is the United States. "It was shot on a stage in Toronto."
And the placement of the Danson cutout, he said, was purely unintentional.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15