Two people died in central Utah after their car crossed a center line and collided head-on with a semitrailer truck, and a woman was killed in a car rollover on I-70 near the Colorado border, the Utah Highway Patrol said Tuesday.
Killed:Adam J. Jacobs, 67, Weber County.
Beth J. Jacobs, 67, Weber County
Stacy Ann Fleming, 17, Winter Park, Colo.
The Jacobses, whose address was unknown Tuesday morning, were headed south on on U-28 just north of Fayette, Sanpete County, Monday night when their car crossed the center line and collided with the truck and became lodged beneath it.
The truck driver, Calvin Forsyth, 31, of Elk, Wash., was treated at Gunnison Valley Hospital for minor injuries and released.
In the second accident, Fleming, was driving at a high speed on I-70 when her car left the road and flipped over near the Colorado border about 4:45 a.m. Sunday, said John Kelley, a UHP dispatcher in Price.
Both Fleming and her passenger, Heather Ohde, 18, of Grand Lake, Colo., were thrown from the car into the median. A passing motorist stopped to help but accidently drove over Ohde as he entered the median, Kelley said.
The victims were flown to St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction, where Fleming died about 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Ohde was in stable condition Tuesday with multiple fractures and contusions, a nursing supervisor said.
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Merged resorts relying on familiar feel to...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 298
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 106
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 67
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 39
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35