Two people died in central Utah after their car crossed a center line and collided head-on with a semitrailer truck, and a woman was killed in a car rollover on I-70 near the Colorado border, the Utah Highway Patrol said Tuesday.
Killed:Adam J. Jacobs, 67, Weber County.
Beth J. Jacobs, 67, Weber County
Stacy Ann Fleming, 17, Winter Park, Colo.
The Jacobses, whose address was unknown Tuesday morning, were headed south on on U-28 just north of Fayette, Sanpete County, Monday night when their car crossed the center line and collided with the truck and became lodged beneath it.
The truck driver, Calvin Forsyth, 31, of Elk, Wash., was treated at Gunnison Valley Hospital for minor injuries and released.
In the second accident, Fleming, was driving at a high speed on I-70 when her car left the road and flipped over near the Colorado border about 4:45 a.m. Sunday, said John Kelley, a UHP dispatcher in Price.
Both Fleming and her passenger, Heather Ohde, 18, of Grand Lake, Colo., were thrown from the car into the median. A passing motorist stopped to help but accidently drove over Ohde as he entered the median, Kelley said.
The victims were flown to St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction, where Fleming died about 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Ohde was in stable condition Tuesday with multiple fractures and contusions, a nursing supervisor said.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls his...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 47
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 36
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 32
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Tea party movement still strong,... 22
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- Firing squad's return in Utah may... 14