Two people died in central Utah after their car crossed a center line and collided head-on with a semitrailer truck, and a woman was killed in a car rollover on I-70 near the Colorado border, the Utah Highway Patrol said Tuesday.
Killed:Adam J. Jacobs, 67, Weber County.
Beth J. Jacobs, 67, Weber County
Stacy Ann Fleming, 17, Winter Park, Colo.
The Jacobses, whose address was unknown Tuesday morning, were headed south on on U-28 just north of Fayette, Sanpete County, Monday night when their car crossed the center line and collided with the truck and became lodged beneath it.
The truck driver, Calvin Forsyth, 31, of Elk, Wash., was treated at Gunnison Valley Hospital for minor injuries and released.
In the second accident, Fleming, was driving at a high speed on I-70 when her car left the road and flipped over near the Colorado border about 4:45 a.m. Sunday, said John Kelley, a UHP dispatcher in Price.
Both Fleming and her passenger, Heather Ohde, 18, of Grand Lake, Colo., were thrown from the car into the median. A passing motorist stopped to help but accidently drove over Ohde as he entered the median, Kelley said.
The victims were flown to St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction, where Fleming died about 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Ohde was in stable condition Tuesday with multiple fractures and contusions, a nursing supervisor said.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17