Loeto "Loey" Young Newren
1916 ~ 2008
Loeto "Loey" Young Newren, 91, passed away January 13, 2007 at his home. Born July 23, 1916 to Leon and Clothield Young Newren in Provo, Ut where he spent his youth. Married Donna Marie Meiling June 1937; divorced. Married LaPriel Vowles September 1966. Married LaMona Bascom James January 1977.
Survived by wife LaMona, daughters Laura Newren and Judy Newren Otley (Randy); Julie Newren, Marguerite Seral, Cindy (Lynn) Davenport, Tracy (Benay), Karey (Robert) McDonald; 29 grandchildren, 40 great grandchildren; siblings Aretta (Welby) Ricks, Karl (Maxine) Newren, Ellen (Gus) Wiley and Clothield (Kennett) Rogers. Preceded in death by parents; first wife, Donna Newren; sons Lester Newren, Russell Newren; grandchildren Burke Newren, Dennis Newren; brother, Alfred; sisters Marie Thunell, Amanda Newren; and second wife, Lapriel Vowles Newren.
Performed with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir from 1944-1973 with 23 years of perfect attendance. He kept singing until his breath ran out. He had great pride for his production, "Crossroads of the West," filmed while the Choir was touring Europe in 1955. Besides numerous gas stations/garages, he was the owner of Cartow, 1976-1990, starting with one truck and ending with a fleet of 13 trucks. He had a passion for his coins, LNLCoins, and achieved a high level of expertise (Certified Coin Grader) and respect in the field. LaMona will always sing the praises of Ken, Bill and Mike of IHC Hospice.
Funeral to be held Saturday, January 19, 2008 at the Midvalley 7th Ward, 1211 E. 7800 So., Sandy, UT at 10 a.m; with viewings 6-8 p.m. on Friday at Larkin Mortuary 260 E. South Temple, Salt Lake City, and 8:45-9:45 a.m. prior to Saturday services at the ward. Interment in Salt Lake City Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donate to the LDS chapter of the Boy Scouts of America or the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14