Margot Cutler Merrill
1940 ~ 2008
Margot was born in Salt Lake City on April 21, 1940 to Margaret Cutler and Rowland Hyde Merrill, MD. She succumbed to cancer on January 2, 2008. She died in peace, and at peace, in her wonderful home in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where she was visited frequently during these past few months by family and friends from California, Utah and Delaware.After graduating from East High School in 1958 and attending the University of Utah, Margot moved to New York City in 1960 to "experience the Big City". In New York, she met and wed Claude Bravmann. There, she gave birth to two boys, Carter Bravmann and Scott Bravmann. After living for short periods in Philadelphia and Chicago, Margot found her true home, settling in the San Francisco Bay Area during the tumultuous and colorful late 1960's. She lived primarily in Marin County until 1977, when she returned to Salt Lake City with her eldest son, Carter, for several years. While in Salt Lake, she resumed her academic studies at the University of Utah, where she earned a Master of Arts in Fine Arts and nurtured her creativity, love of art and keen sense of aesthetics.
Missing California, she returned to Marin County in 1983. In California, she was a prodigious remodeler of homes, transforming ugly ducklings into real showpieces - for her art, for friends and herself- first in Marin and then Sonoma County, where she lived until 2004, when she moved to Santa Fe.
She is survived by her sons, Carter, and her cherished granddaughter, Ryder Koll-Bravmann, of Los Angeles; and Scott (Allyson) of San Fransisco; her brothers, Bill of Alpine, and Craig (Mardean) of Herriman; and sister Pamela Prunckun (Edward) of Newark, DE . She was preceded in death by her brother, Rowland Jr.
Possessing an adventurous spirit, a wonderful sense of creativity and personal energy, a quick wit and tireless ability to stimulate conversation, she will be missed by all who knew her.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Bingham High students walk out over... 26
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 13