1913 ~ 2007
Maria Ethel Schuenmann (Boekweg) Buckway, 94, passed away on Dec 14, 2007 to join her beloved husband, George. Maria was born July 26, 1913 in Saltair, Utah, a daughter of Richard Franz Hugo Schuenmann and Elsbeth Hoppe. She resided in North Ogden for 40 years and at the time of her death she was living in Bountiful, Utah with her daughter, Beverly and husband Ricardo Rosales. Maria retired from the DDO (Defense Depot in Ogden) after serving 25 years. She was active in the LDS Church, serving many positions including ward Relief Society president.
Maria is survived by two daughters, Constance Glissmeyer (Floyd) and Beverly Rosales (Ricardo); a half-brother, Grant Schuenmann; 14 grandchildren; 30 great-grand
children and one great-great grandchild. Preceding her in death is her husband George, and son George Brent. Her son Richard Dix passed away two days after Maria on December 16, 2007.
Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 22, 2007 at the Ben Lomond Cemetery, 556 E. 2900 N., North Ogden, under the direction of Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7