1913 ~ 2007
Maria Ethel Schuenmann (Boekweg) Buckway, 94, passed away on Dec 14, 2007 to join her beloved husband, George. Maria was born July 26, 1913 in Saltair, Utah, a daughter of Richard Franz Hugo Schuenmann and Elsbeth Hoppe. She resided in North Ogden for 40 years and at the time of her death she was living in Bountiful, Utah with her daughter, Beverly and husband Ricardo Rosales. Maria retired from the DDO (Defense Depot in Ogden) after serving 25 years. She was active in the LDS Church, serving many positions including ward Relief Society president.
Maria is survived by two daughters, Constance Glissmeyer (Floyd) and Beverly Rosales (Ricardo); a half-brother, Grant Schuenmann; 14 grandchildren; 30 great-grand
children and one great-great grandchild. Preceding her in death is her husband George, and son George Brent. Her son Richard Dix passed away two days after Maria on December 16, 2007.
Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 22, 2007 at the Ben Lomond Cemetery, 556 E. 2900 N., North Ogden, under the direction of Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26