1913 ~ 2007
Maria Ethel Schuenmann (Boekweg) Buckway, 94, passed away on Dec 14, 2007 to join her beloved husband, George. Maria was born July 26, 1913 in Saltair, Utah, a daughter of Richard Franz Hugo Schuenmann and Elsbeth Hoppe. She resided in North Ogden for 40 years and at the time of her death she was living in Bountiful, Utah with her daughter, Beverly and husband Ricardo Rosales. Maria retired from the DDO (Defense Depot in Ogden) after serving 25 years. She was active in the LDS Church, serving many positions including ward Relief Society president.
Maria is survived by two daughters, Constance Glissmeyer (Floyd) and Beverly Rosales (Ricardo); a half-brother, Grant Schuenmann; 14 grandchildren; 30 great-grand
children and one great-great grandchild. Preceding her in death is her husband George, and son George Brent. Her son Richard Dix passed away two days after Maria on December 16, 2007.
Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 22, 2007 at the Ben Lomond Cemetery, 556 E. 2900 N., North Ogden, under the direction of Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15