Michael Jay Griffin
1994 ~ 2007
Michael Jay Griffin, our loving son and brother, passed away on Nov. 6, 2007, at home in Heber City, Utah at the age of 13.He was born on July 19, 1994, in Mesa, Arizona. Michael was kind and fun-loving. He had a good sense of humor and rarely said anything negative about anyone. He encouraged his friends to reach for their goals and supported his family in all they did. His brothers and sister,
Jason, Ryan, and Kimberly, will miss the many basketball games, wrestling, video games, and teasing that they enjoyed with their big brother.
Michael set high standards for himself and excelled in many areas. He was the secretary of the deacon's quorum in the Daniels Canyon Ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and faithfully passed the sacrament each Sunday as well as collecting fast offerings each month. He was very good at sports, especially his favorite, basketball, and could shoot multiple three-pointers in a row. He once made 22 of 25 free-throws in an Elks Hoop Shoot competition and took second place in the state competition. He enjoyed attending BYU Football games, especially when the ward had a tailgate party beforehand. He, his brother and Dad held season tickets. Michael was an excellent student and was on the High Honor Roll at South Summit Middle School. He played the trombone in the band and was looking forward to playing in many concerts throughout the year. Michael was rapidly growing in every area of his life and was looking forward to serving a mission and attending college.
Michael loved everyone, and everyone loved Michael. He will be greatly missed.
He is survived by his parents, Milan Jay and Charlotte Griffin of Heber City; sister and brothers Kimberly, Jason, and Ryan of Heber; grandparents Evelyn Griffin of Corvallis, Montana; and David and Gloria Neeley of North Ogden, Utah; and many aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, and other relatives. He is preceded in death by his brother Douglas Monson, grandfather Henry Griffin, and aunt Linda Griffin.
Michael, we can hardly believe you're gone, but we know we will be with you again. We love you so much, and can't wait for that day!
Funeral services will be held Sat. November 10, 2007 at 11 a.m. at Daniels Canyon Ward, 2400 South Mill Road, Heber City, Utah. Friends may call Friday from 6-8 p.m. at the church, and from 9:30-10:30 a.m. prior to services. Interment will be held approximately 3 p.m. at Holladay Memorial Park, 4900 Memory Lane. Arrangements in care of Olpin-Hoopes Funeral Home.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Chaffetz calls speaker bid a long shot, may...
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be named...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 54
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 30
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12