Ogden police have arrested a man believed to be a suspect in at least seven rapes and sexual assaults in Ogden, including one early Saturday, authorities said.
The 34-year-old Weber County man was arrested and booked into Weber County Jail Saturday morning, Lt. Mike Empey said.The man, whose identity was not released, is being held on $140,000 bond.
Empey said a man was apprehended after a woman reported she had been raped at 4:30 a.m. Saturday in her central East Bench home.
Police believe that the rapist entered the home through a door that the woman said she had locked. Police said there was no evidence of a break-in.
Empey said the arrested man is being questioned in connection six rapes and sexual assaults that occurred in Ogden in March. Three wom-en were attacked within five hours of each other on March 7. Two other women were raped within an hour of each other March 11. The sixth attack was on March 15.
Police reports indicate that in each instance, the attacker threatened the women with a knife.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11