Ogden police have arrested a man believed to be a suspect in at least seven rapes and sexual assaults in Ogden, including one early Saturday, authorities said.
The 34-year-old Weber County man was arrested and booked into Weber County Jail Saturday morning, Lt. Mike Empey said.The man, whose identity was not released, is being held on $140,000 bond.
Empey said a man was apprehended after a woman reported she had been raped at 4:30 a.m. Saturday in her central East Bench home.
Police believe that the rapist entered the home through a door that the woman said she had locked. Police said there was no evidence of a break-in.
Empey said the arrested man is being questioned in connection six rapes and sexual assaults that occurred in Ogden in March. Three wom-en were attacked within five hours of each other on March 7. Two other women were raped within an hour of each other March 11. The sixth attack was on March 15.
Police reports indicate that in each instance, the attacker threatened the women with a knife.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 31
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 20
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17