Ogden police have arrested a man believed to be a suspect in at least seven rapes and sexual assaults in Ogden, including one early Saturday, authorities said.
The 34-year-old Weber County man was arrested and booked into Weber County Jail Saturday morning, Lt. Mike Empey said.The man, whose identity was not released, is being held on $140,000 bond.
Empey said a man was apprehended after a woman reported she had been raped at 4:30 a.m. Saturday in her central East Bench home.
Police believe that the rapist entered the home through a door that the woman said she had locked. Police said there was no evidence of a break-in.
Empey said the arrested man is being questioned in connection six rapes and sexual assaults that occurred in Ogden in March. Three wom-en were attacked within five hours of each other on March 7. Two other women were raped within an hour of each other March 11. The sixth attack was on March 15.
Police reports indicate that in each instance, the attacker threatened the women with a knife.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 65
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 40
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 36
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17