Ogden police have arrested a man believed to be a suspect in at least seven rapes and sexual assaults in Ogden, including one early Saturday, authorities said.
The 34-year-old Weber County man was arrested and booked into Weber County Jail Saturday morning, Lt. Mike Empey said.The man, whose identity was not released, is being held on $140,000 bond.
Empey said a man was apprehended after a woman reported she had been raped at 4:30 a.m. Saturday in her central East Bench home.
Police believe that the rapist entered the home through a door that the woman said she had locked. Police said there was no evidence of a break-in.
Empey said the arrested man is being questioned in connection six rapes and sexual assaults that occurred in Ogden in March. Three wom-en were attacked within five hours of each other on March 7. Two other women were raped within an hour of each other March 11. The sixth attack was on March 15.
Police reports indicate that in each instance, the attacker threatened the women with a knife.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14