Ogden police have arrested a man believed to be a suspect in at least seven rapes and sexual assaults in Ogden, including one early Saturday, authorities said.
The 34-year-old Weber County man was arrested and booked into Weber County Jail Saturday morning, Lt. Mike Empey said.The man, whose identity was not released, is being held on $140,000 bond.
Empey said a man was apprehended after a woman reported she had been raped at 4:30 a.m. Saturday in her central East Bench home.
Police believe that the rapist entered the home through a door that the woman said she had locked. Police said there was no evidence of a break-in.
Empey said the arrested man is being questioned in connection six rapes and sexual assaults that occurred in Ogden in March. Three wom-en were attacked within five hours of each other on March 7. Two other women were raped within an hour of each other March 11. The sixth attack was on March 15.
Police reports indicate that in each instance, the attacker threatened the women with a knife.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 14