Melvin Hess Pedersen
1948 ~ 2007
Loving husband, father, grandfather, brother, son and friend passed away peacefully, after a valiant fight with cancer, Sept. 24, 2007.
Born Sept. 17, 1948 to Villiam Pedersen and Thora Hess Peterson. Married his sweetheart Glenda E. Welch in the LDS Salt Lake Temple, for time and eternity, April 9, 1971. Graduated East High School in 1967, attended BYU and U of U. Faithful member of the LDS church. Served a mission in Ireland. Bishop of Liberty 2nd Ward. High Councilman, Scout Leader, Stake Mission President, and finished his journey as a missionary at the Salt Lake Family History Library. Worked 41 years of his life doing what he loved, as a pattern-maker and inventor.
Received several patents including: The Cone Maker, Stinger Spike Systems, and just received his last patent for a multi-stage turbo system.
Survived by his eternal companion, mother, three brothers, Arly Pedersen (Charlene), David Pedersen (Pamela), Ezra Pedersen (Gina), one sister, Ruth Leister (Daniel); children: Spencer Hess Pedersen (Laura), Mandy Lynn Pedersen, KayLynn Oldenburg (Ben), Tobi Lynn Fullmer (Mason), Holli Belt (Spencer), Michael Hess Pedersen (Tiffany), grandchildren: Steven, Stephanie, Brandon, Trevor, Dilan, Bryson. Preceded in death by his father.
A viewing will be held in his honor Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6-8 p.m. at Larkin Mortuary 263 E. South Temple, SLC. Funeral will be Thursday, September 27, 2007 12 noon in the Orchard 3rd Ward building with viewing one hour prior to service, located at 261 East Center Street, North Salt Lake, Interment will be held at memorial estates on Bountiful Blvd after services.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19