Melvin Hess Pedersen
1948 ~ 2007
Loving husband, father, grandfather, brother, son and friend passed away peacefully, after a valiant fight with cancer, Sept. 24, 2007.
Born Sept. 17, 1948 to Villiam Pedersen and Thora Hess Peterson. Married his sweetheart Glenda E. Welch in the LDS Salt Lake Temple, for time and eternity, April 9, 1971. Graduated East High School in 1967, attended BYU and U of U. Faithful member of the LDS church. Served a mission in Ireland. Bishop of Liberty 2nd Ward. High Councilman, Scout Leader, Stake Mission President, and finished his journey as a missionary at the Salt Lake Family History Library. Worked 41 years of his life doing what he loved, as a pattern-maker and inventor.
Received several patents including: The Cone Maker, Stinger Spike Systems, and just received his last patent for a multi-stage turbo system.
Survived by his eternal companion, mother, three brothers, Arly Pedersen (Charlene), David Pedersen (Pamela), Ezra Pedersen (Gina), one sister, Ruth Leister (Daniel); children: Spencer Hess Pedersen (Laura), Mandy Lynn Pedersen, KayLynn Oldenburg (Ben), Tobi Lynn Fullmer (Mason), Holli Belt (Spencer), Michael Hess Pedersen (Tiffany), grandchildren: Steven, Stephanie, Brandon, Trevor, Dilan, Bryson. Preceded in death by his father.
A viewing will be held in his honor Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6-8 p.m. at Larkin Mortuary 263 E. South Temple, SLC. Funeral will be Thursday, September 27, 2007 12 noon in the Orchard 3rd Ward building with viewing one hour prior to service, located at 261 East Center Street, North Salt Lake, Interment will be held at memorial estates on Bountiful Blvd after services.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 34
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 15