George Brintin Whitecar, IV
1929 ~ 2007
WOODS CROSS-George Brinton Whitecar IV, age 78, passed away Sunday, July 29, 2007, in Bountiful, Utah on his fifty-eighth wedding anniversary, after a valiant ten year battle with lymphoma. He was born January 25, 1929 in Salt Lake City, Utah, son of George B. Whitecar III and Nathalia Carroll Whitecar. He was an active member of the LDS Church and was sealed to wife Norma Martin Whitecar.
George was a railroad mechanic by trade and retired from the Federal Railroad Administration in 1996. He was a loving father and husband.
George was preceded in death by his brother, Robert Whitecar and sons, George Brinton Whitecar, V, Douglas Merrill Whitecar and close friend, Wayne Vandersteen.
He is survived by his wife, Norma; brother, Richard; and sons, Larry (Kym) of North Carolina; Dr. Paul (Beth) of North Carolina; Shawn (Lori) of New York; and thirteen grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Friday, August 3, 2007 at Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary, 295 North Main where friends and family may call Thursday evening from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. and Friday morning 10:00-10:45 a.m. prior to services. Interment-Bountiful City Cemetery.
Online guest book at www.russonmortuary.com
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12