Mary "Lorraine" Bacon Whipple 1920 ~ 2007 Lorraine Whipple, age 86, passed away on Tuesday, July 24, 2007. She was born on November 9, 1920, to Charles Bacon and Eva Pearl Maw in Ogden, Utah. She married Alma Virgil Whipple on February 2, 1942, in the Salt Lake Temple. He passed away in 1971. As a child, Lorraine loved being with and singing duets with her "Twinnie", dancing, and she also enjoyed school and was a straight "A" student. She later learned to play the piano and the Hawaiian steel guitar, and loved puzzles, board games and working in her yard. She was a homemaker for many years, and later worked as a secretary at West Lake Jr. High and Granger High, as well as for the LDS Primary General Board. She was LDS, serving as President, Counselor, teacher or secretary of many church organizations. She served a mission to the Mass. Boston Mission in 1974-75 and was an avid genealogist. Lorraine showed great strength, energy and tenacity in the midst of many physical problems. She is survived by her five children, Ron (Karen) Whipple, Maureen (Lynn) Burbidge, Dale (Miriam) Whipple, Wayne (Carolyn) Whipple and Jeanette Crotchett, 22 grandchildren and almost 26 great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and twin sister, Lavon. Funeral Services will be held on Saturday, July 28, 2007, at 2 p.m. at the Valley View Funeral Home Chapel, 4335 West 4100 South, with a visitation one hour prior to the services. Interment: Valley View Memorial Park. The family expresses gratitude to the wonderful caregivers at Highland Cove Assisted Living and Silverado Senior Care Centers and our wonderful friends at Rocky Mountain Hospice, especially Bernadette, Rebekah and Camille.
- 1 Utah Symphony launches Films in Concert series, including Indiana Jones, second Harry Potter films
- 2 Bill authorizing state auditor to freeze funds rushes through Legislature
- 3 Man dead, 2 hospitalized in Salt Lake shooting
- 4 Magna man shot, killed outside his home
- 5 Swallow witness describes 'cruel' tactics in raid of her home
- 88 Dozens rally against Chaffetz through song, not chants
- 87 Utahns gather for Not My President's Day rally
- 72 Utah, LDS Church join 'friend of court' briefs in transgender bathroom case
- 57 MormonLeaks in the Age of Transparency
- 55 Swedes scratch heads at Trump's suggestion of major incident
- 54 New GOP package would put sales tax on food, phase out income tax exemptions
- 48 Morning links: BYU vs. Wisconsin called 'intriguing'; CBS Sports' ranks 50 greatest basketball players; Jimmer's next move?
- 46 Trump rallies supporters, tears into 'dishonest media'