Ron E. Steinke 1940 ~ 2007 Beloved father, grandfather, brother and husband, passed away June 27, of unknown causes. Ron was born Feb. 27, 1940 to Rudy and Garnette Steinke. He had many happy memories at his grandfather's barber shop and restaurant in Colorado with his brother, Tom, before the family relocated to Salt Lake City. Ron graduated from Granite High School where he was an All-American Basketball player. He went on to play basketball at BYU and marry his sweetheart, Anne Allan (Steinke) Jenkins. They had three daughters, Kristine, Kimberly and Kordine. Ron graduated from BYU in 1963. Basketball continued to play a big roll in his life. He taught school and coached as his chosen profession. His basketball teams were his second family and up until his passing, he kept in touch with many of his former players, and considered them to be some of his closest relationships. He coached at Granger, West High, Miles Community College (MT), and Olympus High. He also umpired American Legion baseball for many years to support his hobby of restoring old cars and collecting antiques. Ron is preceded in death by both parents. He is survived by daughters, Kristine (Brett) Crockett of St. George, Kimberly (Florida) Sorensen of Sandy, Kordine Priebe of Sandy; 12 grandchildren; one great-grand-child; brother, Thomas Steinke of Sandy; and spouse, Lauren Steinke, of St. George. We wish him love and peace. He will be missed by many.
- 1 40+ Cyber Week deals to keep taking advantage of
- 2 More than texting: The unrecognized epidemic of distracted driving
- 3 Future for kids with Down syndrome brighter than ever
- 4 The ultimate advent calendar of Utah activities
- 5 Police: Student fires gun in Bountiful school before his parents disarm him
- 75 Voices of Reason: A letter to Trump supporters
- 67 Donald Trump goes off on Evan McMullin at Ohio victory rally
- 64 Thousands urging Utah electors to oppose Trump
- 50 In our opinion: The GOP should think twice before exercising the 'Nuclear Option' for Supreme Court nominees
- 49 Utes win 100th game with Krystkowiak as head coach
- 47 'A great destination': Utes going bowling against Indiana in Foster Farms Bowl
- 44 BYU football: Cougars add 13th game to 2017 schedule, will open at home against Portland State
- 41 Ranking BYU football's future schedules: Which one is the toughest?