Ron E. Steinke 1940 ~ 2007 Beloved father, grandfather, brother and husband, passed away June 27, of unknown causes. Ron was born Feb. 27, 1940 to Rudy and Garnette Steinke. He had many happy memories at his grandfather's barber shop and restaurant in Colorado with his brother, Tom, before the family relocated to Salt Lake City. Ron graduated from Granite High School where he was an All-American Basketball player. He went on to play basketball at BYU and marry his sweetheart, Anne Allan (Steinke) Jenkins. They had three daughters, Kristine, Kimberly and Kordine. Ron graduated from BYU in 1963. Basketball continued to play a big roll in his life. He taught school and coached as his chosen profession. His basketball teams were his second family and up until his passing, he kept in touch with many of his former players, and considered them to be some of his closest relationships. He coached at Granger, West High, Miles Community College (MT), and Olympus High. He also umpired American Legion baseball for many years to support his hobby of restoring old cars and collecting antiques. Ron is preceded in death by both parents. He is survived by daughters, Kristine (Brett) Crockett of St. George, Kimberly (Florida) Sorensen of Sandy, Kordine Priebe of Sandy; 12 grandchildren; one great-grand-child; brother, Thomas Steinke of Sandy; and spouse, Lauren Steinke, of St. George. We wish him love and peace. He will be missed by many.
- 1 A family story: UVU President Matt Holland staying true to his roots
- 2 Officer justified in shooting at convicted killer, district attorney rules
- 3 Escape from madness: Walking away from a cult of killers
- 4 Chemistry demonstrations are a real gas
- 5 Starting in kindergarten, Park City schoolchildren learn computer coding under unique initiative
- 98 Evan McMullin hints he knows still-secret details about Trump's ties to Russia
- 85 University of Utah to study possibility of expanding Rice-Eccles Stadium
- 64 'I get it now': Draper mayor rescinds homeless sites offer during raucous public gathering
- 56 Richard Davis: Can the nation afford to wait for the education of Donald Trump?
- 52 Sen. Mike Lee: Don't give up on health care
- 51 Trump rolls back Clean Power Plan, coal moratorium
- 51 Does believing in God make you a better American?
- 51 Orrin Hatch says he would consider not running for 8th term if Mitt Romney gets in Senate race