Ron E. Steinke 1940 ~ 2007 Beloved father, grandfather, brother and husband, passed away June 27, of unknown causes. Ron was born Feb. 27, 1940 to Rudy and Garnette Steinke. He had many happy memories at his grandfather's barber shop and restaurant in Colorado with his brother, Tom, before the family relocated to Salt Lake City. Ron graduated from Granite High School where he was an All-American Basketball player. He went on to play basketball at BYU and marry his sweetheart, Anne Allan (Steinke) Jenkins. They had three daughters, Kristine, Kimberly and Kordine. Ron graduated from BYU in 1963. Basketball continued to play a big roll in his life. He taught school and coached as his chosen profession. His basketball teams were his second family and up until his passing, he kept in touch with many of his former players, and considered them to be some of his closest relationships. He coached at Granger, West High, Miles Community College (MT), and Olympus High. He also umpired American Legion baseball for many years to support his hobby of restoring old cars and collecting antiques. Ron is preceded in death by both parents. He is survived by daughters, Kristine (Brett) Crockett of St. George, Kimberly (Florida) Sorensen of Sandy, Kordine Priebe of Sandy; 12 grandchildren; one great-grand-child; brother, Thomas Steinke of Sandy; and spouse, Lauren Steinke, of St. George. We wish him love and peace. He will be missed by many.
- 1 Do you recognize any of these 2017 Sterling Scholar candidates?
- 2 Jail time suspended for man who threatened 'rampage' at hospital
- 3 Utah Opera's 40th anniversary season to honor past, look to future
- 4 Springville offering CERT classes beginning Feb. 23
- 5 Jay Evensen: Should Utah end the guessing game for drinkers?
- 141 Monumental decision: Outdoor Retailer show leaving Salt Lake after meeting with governor over Bears Ears
- 103 11 locals invited to 2017 NFL Scouting Combine
- 76 Chaffetz calling for investigation of 'mishandling' of classified information in reporting on Trump
- 64 Bill raising minimum wage in Utah to $10.25 an hour held by committee
- 61 Utah, LDS Church join 'friend of court' briefs in transgender bathroom case
- 51 Trump raps 'criminal' leaks, 'dishonest' media, 'bad' judges
- 50 Trump knew Flynn misled White House weeks before ouster
- 45 Trump’s wish to ban Muslim immigration is widely shared in Europe