Dr. C. Steven Hatch 1919 ~ 2007 Charles Steven Hatch was born March 30, 1919 in Heber, Utah the fifth son of H. Ray and Mary Leona Miles Hatch. Steve grew up in Idaho Falls, ID. At age 17, he was admitted to the University of Utah College of Medicine. He served a mission to France before graduating with honors from Johns Hopkins. While studying medicine, he was called to serve as bishop of the Baltimore Ward. He courted Margery Doxey by mail while he served as a Naval officer in the Philippines. They were married in the Logan Temple in 1946. Steve completed a residency in general surgery at the Salt Lake County Hospital before joining his father and brothers at the Hatch Clinic in Idaho Falls, ID. While in Idaho, he served as president of the Teton Peaks Boy Scout Council. After 13 years of surgery practice, he and Marge moved their family to Southern California where he completed a residency in urology at UCLA. In 1964, they moved to Provo, UT where Steve practiced urology at Utah Valley Hospital for 16 years. He was a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the Trauma Society and the American Board of Urology. Steve and Marge were called to preside over the Belgium Brussels, Mascarene Islands and Zaire Kinshasa Missions. He also served as president of the BYU 22nd Branch. Steve passed away June 21 in Mesa, AZ, surrounded by family. His beloved Margery preceded him in death in February. Also preceding him in death, his brothers, William, John, Harvey, and Joseph Hatch. He and Marge are the parents of Becky (Ken Johnson), Sharon (deceased), Steven (Rhonda Frasier), David (Susan Paxman), Barbara (Sid Sandberg), Mary Ellen (Bill Hickman), Doxey (Meg Barron) and Jennifer (Blake Nielsen); 28 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren. Friends may call at Berg Mortuary, 185 E. Center in Provo, Sunday, July 1st from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Funeral services will be 11 a.m., Monday, July 2, at the Pleasant View 6th Ward, 2445 N. 650 E. Provo. A viewing will be held from 9:30-10:30 a.m. preceding the service. Interment, East Lawn Memorial Hills.
- 1 Quiz: Can you guess which Christmas movie these quotes are from?
- 2 The spirit of the season: going above and beyond
- 3 More than texting: The unrecognized epidemic of distracted driving
- 4 The ultimate advent calendar of Utah activities
- 5 'Princess Academy' musical to debut at South Jordan's Kensington Theatre
- 115 Jason Buck: Independence is like wandering in the wilderness for BYU
- 79 Governor announces deal with Amazon.com to collect sales tax on Utah purchases
- 70 McMullin calls Trump's attitude a threat to Constitution
- 69 BYU football: Cougars add 13th game to 2017 schedule, will open at home against Portland State
- 65 'A great destination': Utes going bowling against Indiana in Foster Farms Bowl
- 63 In our opinion: The GOP should think twice before exercising the 'Nuclear Option' for Supreme Court nominees
- 56 Utah finishes fast to outlast Utah Valley, 87-80
- 50 With Huntsman in mix for secretary of state, will Romney be passed over?