Kristine Kay Messerly 1961 ~ 2007 BERYL, UT - Kristine Kay Messerly, 46, died June 5, 2007, at her home in San Jose, California. She was born March 29, 1961, in Ogden, Utah, to Kay Dawn Morgan Messerly, and Grant V. Messerly Jr. She was educated in Southern Utah and graduated from Cedar City High School. She attended the University of Utah in Salt Lake City and received her Bachelors degree from Illinois State University, Bloomington, Illinois, and a masters degree at Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich. where she studied marketing, public relations and journalism. Kristine worked as a journalist for publications around the country, including lead reporter for the Washington Business Journal, and an editor for Capitol Publications, Arlington, VA. She was a journalist at several Utah newspapers including the University of Utah Chronicle, The Enterprise, both in Salt Lake City, the Lakeside Review in Layton, Utah, the Daily Spectrum, Cedar City, and as a reporter and city editor for the Ogden Standard Examiner, Ogden, Utah She then turned her career to marketing, and served as director of on line services at Concentric Network, director of on-line strategy at Claria Corp., associate editor at Staffing Industry Analysis and most recently director of corporate marketing at Claria Corp. Kristine married George Loosley in New Castle, Utah in 1986 and they had one son. They were later divorced. After several moves around the country, Kris made her home in Cupertino and San Jose, California where she met her companion, George Bonser, and had two children. Kristine is survived by her children, George Granger Loosley, Kayla Drew and Walter Grant Bonser, all of San Jose, CA. She is also survived by her mother, Kay Dawn Morgan Messerly; and by her father and step-mother, Grant Vernon and Nellie Messerly, all of Beryl. She is also survived by two brothers, Douglas G. (Larena) Messerly, Enterprise, Utah, Ronald W. (Marcie) Messerly, Peoria, AZ; and sister, Donna L. Messerly (Douglas) Brown, Enoch, Utah. She is also survived by several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Grant and Lola Messerly and Floyd R. and Donna Morgan. The family suggests a contribution in Kristine's name to the American Diabetes Association. Funeral services will be held Thursday, June 14, 2007, 11 a.m. at the Enterprise Fifth LDS Ward. Friends may call Wednesday, 6 to 8 p.m. at the Spilsbury Mortuary, 110 S. Bluff St., St. George, UT, and at the church one hour prior to services. Burial will be in the Enterprise City Cemetery. Memorial services are scheduled Saturday, June 16th, in San Mateo, CA.
- 1 40+ Cyber Week deals to keep taking advantage of
- 2 More than texting: The unrecognized epidemic of distracted driving
- 3 Future for kids with Down syndrome brighter than ever
- 4 The ultimate advent calendar of Utah activities
- 5 Police: Student fires gun in Bountiful school before his parents disarm him
- 74 Voices of Reason: A letter to Trump supporters
- 67 Donald Trump goes off on Evan McMullin at Ohio victory rally
- 63 Thousands urging Utah electors to oppose Trump
- 50 In our opinion: The GOP should think twice before exercising the 'Nuclear Option' for Supreme Court nominees
- 49 Utes win 100th game with Krystkowiak as head coach
- 47 'A great destination': Utes going bowling against Indiana in Foster Farms Bowl
- 42 BYU football: Cougars add 13th game to 2017 schedule, will open at home against Portland State
- 41 Ranking BYU football's future schedules: Which one is the toughest?