Kristine Kay Messerly 1961 ~ 2007 BERYL, UT - Kristine Kay Messerly, 46, died June 5, 2007, at her home in San Jose, California. She was born March 29, 1961, in Ogden, Utah, to Kay Dawn Morgan Messerly, and Grant V. Messerly Jr. She was educated in Southern Utah and graduated from Cedar City High School. She attended the University of Utah in Salt Lake City and received her Bachelors degree from Illinois State University, Bloomington, Illinois, and a masters degree at Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich. where she studied marketing, public relations and journalism. Kristine worked as a journalist for publications around the country, including lead reporter for the Washington Business Journal, and an editor for Capitol Publications, Arlington, VA. She was a journalist at several Utah newspapers including the University of Utah Chronicle, The Enterprise, both in Salt Lake City, the Lakeside Review in Layton, Utah, the Daily Spectrum, Cedar City, and as a reporter and city editor for the Ogden Standard Examiner, Ogden, Utah She then turned her career to marketing, and served as director of on line services at Concentric Network, director of on-line strategy at Claria Corp., associate editor at Staffing Industry Analysis and most recently director of corporate marketing at Claria Corp. Kristine married George Loosley in New Castle, Utah in 1986 and they had one son. They were later divorced. After several moves around the country, Kris made her home in Cupertino and San Jose, California where she met her companion, George Bonser, and had two children. Kristine is survived by her children, George Granger Loosley, Kayla Drew and Walter Grant Bonser, all of San Jose, CA. She is also survived by her mother, Kay Dawn Morgan Messerly; and by her father and step-mother, Grant Vernon and Nellie Messerly, all of Beryl. She is also survived by two brothers, Douglas G. (Larena) Messerly, Enterprise, Utah, Ronald W. (Marcie) Messerly, Peoria, AZ; and sister, Donna L. Messerly (Douglas) Brown, Enoch, Utah. She is also survived by several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Grant and Lola Messerly and Floyd R. and Donna Morgan. The family suggests a contribution in Kristine's name to the American Diabetes Association. Funeral services will be held Thursday, June 14, 2007, 11 a.m. at the Enterprise Fifth LDS Ward. Friends may call Wednesday, 6 to 8 p.m. at the Spilsbury Mortuary, 110 S. Bluff St., St. George, UT, and at the church one hour prior to services. Burial will be in the Enterprise City Cemetery. Memorial services are scheduled Saturday, June 16th, in San Mateo, CA.
- 1 Utah drivers in most DUI fatals test well above .08 percent
- 2 West Bountiful man killed, wife injured in London terror attack
- 3 A.M. notes: '97 Jazz reunite, residents protest homeless shelters, London attack fallout, major day for health care bill
- 4 Pixar president explains what you can learn from the failures of 'Up!'
- 5 This tech company wants to pay employees $10K to leave San Francisco
- 95 Trump, GOP leaders pull health care bill in humiliating loss
- 77 Herbert signs bill lowering blood-alcohol limit to .05 percent
- 67 Utah House delegation frustrated by no vote on health care, signals reluctance to try again
- 51 In our opinion: Lawmakers should avoid politicizing the Supreme Court confirmation process
- 45 My view: Are the Mormons a 'peculiar' people?
- 43 Obamacare repeal vote put off in stinging setback for Trump
- 42 Trump attacks conservative lawmakers over health bill
- 42 West Bountiful man killed, wife injured in London terror attack