Robert Phillip Dunyon 1949 ~ 2007 Robert Phillip Dunyon of Brighton UT passed from this earthly existence on April 8, 2007. First of Phillip and Sarah Dunyon's 14 children, he was born in Mackay ID on August 15, 1949. He graduated from Kearns High School in 1967 and enlisted in the US Air Force shortly thereafter. After spending several years on active duty, he switched to the Air National Guard and later retired from service. Robert loved spending lazy Sunday mornings sipping coffee and reading the paper in bed with his wife, Betty. His second and third favorite activities had to have been correcting others' grammar and putting hot sauce on everything. An avid baseball fan, he enjoyed traveling to spring training in Arizona every year and at one point had an entire room in his house devoted to the sport. In addition to his legendary and extensive baseball card collection, Robert was a philatelist and bibliophile. A highly cerebral and sentimental man with a supremely corny "Dunyon" sense of humor, he loved collecting things and organizing his collections. He was very proud of his nearly 30 years of service with the Utah Transit Authority. Robert is survived by his wife, Betty, seven children: Laura (Vincent) Hayes, Robert (Nancy) Dunyon II, Jennifer Dunyon, Joshua (Kristen) Willis, Douglas (Lillie) Gillespie, Belle (Derrick) Robinson, and Monique Adams; 14 grandchildren and 11 siblings. He was preceded in death by his parents, his brothers Jay and Mike, and grandson Tyler. Family and friends may visit Wednesday 6-8 p.m. and one hour prior to Thursday's service, which will be held at McDougal Funeral Home (4330 South Redwood Road in Taylorsville) at noon. Interment at Valley View Memorial Park. THE FAMILY RESPECTFULLY REQUESTS YOU HONOR ROBERT'S WISH FOR A T-SHIRT AND BLUEJEANS CEREMONY.
- 1 Trump's proposed budget cuts would hurt Utah arts and dance groups
- 2 New Google tool shows you how much money you'll save by going solar
- 3 A.M. notes: SLC to add fence to Gateway, Comey's testimony, NCAA weekend review
- 4 Man sentenced to prison for Sunset stabbing death
- 5 JC Penney set to close 140 stores. Will it affect Utah?
- 97 Morning links: BYU called a darkhorse playoff contender; Jimmer among biggest NBA busts who found success overseas
- 74 Herbert signs bill lowering blood-alcohol limit to .05 percent
- 72 'We're not pulling back' from helping refugees, LDS leader says as First Presidency increases budget
- 68 Trump, GOP leaders pull health care bill in humiliating loss
- 68 Trump’s budget slashes aid to the poor. Would Jesus have a problem with that?
- 61 Hatch, Lee urge Senate against politicizing Gorsuch hearings
- 58 Trump set to slash billions from UN budget as refugee, famine crises grow
- 46 Rep. Chris Stewart wants FBI to 'crack' heads of classified info leakers