Steve Milkovich "Pearl Harbor Survivor" PRICE - Our beloved husband, father, grandfather, brother and dear friend, Steven Milkovich, age 82, passed away suddenly December 8, 2006, after attending The Pearl Harbor Anniversary in Salt Lake City. Born December 21, 1923 in Bingham Canyon, Utah to Josep and Caroline D. Yerkovich Milkovich. Married Bonnie McKendrick, August 2, 1952 in Elko, Nevada. Steve honorably served his country and on March of 1941 he joined the US Navy. During this time he was assigned to the USS Maryland where he was a Pearl Harbor Survivor. Steve and Bonnie loved to travel, and he especially loved to attend the USS Maryland and Pearl Harbor Reunions. He was a dedicated member of the Price American Legion Post #3, V.F.W. Miners Post #2379, and D.A.V. #16, where he will be sorely missed by his "Buddies". Steve worked in various mines in Utah and Colorado, where he was a proud and dedicated member of the United Mine Workers of America Local #6363. He was also a member of the Acacia Masonic Lodge #33. Steve loved to polka, fish, hunt, camp, garden, and play cards. He will be dearly missed by his family and many longtime friends. The family would like to extend their heartfelt thanks and appreciation to Sharon Odekirk and Melvin Ives of the 65th Pearl Harbor Anniversary Committee, The Deseret News, Channel 2 News and the doctors and staff at LDS Hospital. Survived by his wife, Bonnie Milkovich, Price; daughters, Stephanie (Byron) Collins, Green River, WY, Christy (Mark) Tonc, Price, Nancy Wiley, Salt Lake City; son, Steve (Dona) Milkovich, Woods Cross; 11 grandchildren; four great-grand-children; brothers, Matt (Bobbie) Biondich, Spring Glen, Joe Busio, Helper; sisters, Anna Jaramillo, Price, Mary (Pat) Boyack, Helper, and Caroline Storm, Olthea, Kansas. Preceded in death by his parents; three sisters, Margaret, Mitzi; and infant, Mary; brothers, Tony, Paul, Pete and George. Memorial service, Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 2:00 p.m., Mitchell Funeral Home. Family will be at Mitchell's Tuesday one hour prior to service. Interment, Cliffview Cemetery, Price.
- 1 Trump's proposed budget cuts would hurt Utah arts and dance groups
- 2 Ogden police: 2 officers involved in shooting acted to protect themselves
- 3 While the parents are away to cosplay, the kids make their own magic at KidCon
- 4 Half-hour police chase ends with three arrested
- 5 Inside the newsroom: The importance of a story on nude selfies
- 96 Morning links: BYU called a darkhorse playoff contender; Jimmer among biggest NBA busts who found success overseas
- 63 'We're not pulling back' from helping refugees, LDS leader says as First Presidency increases budget
- 61 Hatch, Lee urge Senate against politicizing Gorsuch hearings
- 55 Trump set to slash billions from UN budget as refugee, famine crises grow
- 52 Trump’s budget slashes aid to the poor. Would Jesus have a problem with that?
- 46 Rep. Chris Stewart wants FBI to 'crack' heads of classified info leakers
- 43 In our opinion: Utah once again in the bottom-tier of states for voter turnout
- 42 BYU’s Eric Mika declares for NBA draft, does not hire an agent