Steve Milkovich "Pearl Harbor Survivor" PRICE - Our beloved husband, father, grandfather, brother and dear friend, Steven Milkovich, age 82, passed away suddenly December 8, 2006, after attending The Pearl Harbor Anniversary in Salt Lake City. Born December 21, 1923 in Bingham Canyon, Utah to Josep and Caroline D. Yerkovich Milkovich. Married Bonnie McKendrick, August 2, 1952 in Elko, Nevada. Steve honorably served his country and on March of 1941 he joined the US Navy. During this time he was assigned to the USS Maryland where he was a Pearl Harbor Survivor. Steve and Bonnie loved to travel, and he especially loved to attend the USS Maryland and Pearl Harbor Reunions. He was a dedicated member of the Price American Legion Post #3, V.F.W. Miners Post #2379, and D.A.V. #16, where he will be sorely missed by his "Buddies". Steve worked in various mines in Utah and Colorado, where he was a proud and dedicated member of the United Mine Workers of America Local #6363. He was also a member of the Acacia Masonic Lodge #33. Steve loved to polka, fish, hunt, camp, garden, and play cards. He will be dearly missed by his family and many longtime friends. The family would like to extend their heartfelt thanks and appreciation to Sharon Odekirk and Melvin Ives of the 65th Pearl Harbor Anniversary Committee, The Deseret News, Channel 2 News and the doctors and staff at LDS Hospital. Survived by his wife, Bonnie Milkovich, Price; daughters, Stephanie (Byron) Collins, Green River, WY, Christy (Mark) Tonc, Price, Nancy Wiley, Salt Lake City; son, Steve (Dona) Milkovich, Woods Cross; 11 grandchildren; four great-grand-children; brothers, Matt (Bobbie) Biondich, Spring Glen, Joe Busio, Helper; sisters, Anna Jaramillo, Price, Mary (Pat) Boyack, Helper, and Caroline Storm, Olthea, Kansas. Preceded in death by his parents; three sisters, Margaret, Mitzi; and infant, Mary; brothers, Tony, Paul, Pete and George. Memorial service, Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 2:00 p.m., Mitchell Funeral Home. Family will be at Mitchell's Tuesday one hour prior to service. Interment, Cliffview Cemetery, Price.
- 1 'Matilda the Musical' brings Roald Dahl's children's tale to S.L.'s Eccles Theater
- 2 'Mary Poppins' to 'step in time' onto CenterPoint Legacy Theatre stage
- 3 Teen arrested in death of 18-year-old Magna man
- 4 Police issue warning after 6-year-old pokes finger on needle found near school dumpster
- 5 Homeland Security arrests in Park City prompt message from sheriff
- 94 Dozens rally against Chaffetz through song, not chants
- 89 Utahns gather for Not My President's Day rally
- 71 No ordinary Joe: Quarterback signee Joe Critchlow takes serendipitous, circuitous route to BYU
- 63 MormonLeaks in the Age of Transparency
- 55 Swedes scratch heads at Trump's suggestion of major incident
- 54 Trump's promise to bring back manufacturing jobs seems like a false dream
- 49 Trump administration lifts transgender bathroom guidance
- 48 Morning links: BYU vs. Wisconsin called 'intriguing'; CBS Sports' ranks 50 greatest basketball players; Jimmer's next move?