John Eugene Seaich 1925 ~ 2006 John Eugene Seaich, our beloved father and grandfather died on June 13, 2006 at the age of 80. He was born on July 26, 1925 to Naoma and John Thomas in Salt Lake City, Utah. Eugene married Dorothy Beales in 1947 in the Salt Lake Temple. She was his sweetheart and companion whom he adored and later in her life, loving cared for her through many years of sickness until her death in 1995. Eugene had an incredible mind and spent his lifetime pursuing knowledge. He earned five degrees, including two Ph.D's in German, music and pharmacology from the University of Utah, and in 1955 was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to study abroad in Germany. He was an avid lover of classical music, which was an important force in his life. Eugene spent many years studying philosophy and religion, acquiring a deep understanding of the scriptures and man's divine nature. A great conversationalist and wit, he had many friends and admirers across the country. He will be sorely missed. He leaves behind three children: Regina (Mark) Hendrickson, Catherine (Richard) Haas and Paul (Paula) Seaich; 14 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. Funeral Services will be held Monday, June 19, 2006 at 11:00 a.m. at the Canyon Rim Stake Center, 3051 S. 2900 E. Friends and family may call from 9:00-10:45 a.m. prior to service. Funeral Directors: Cottonwood Memorial Mortuary.
- 94 Dozens rally against Chaffetz through song, not chants
- 90 Utahns gather for Not My President's Day rally
- 78 No ordinary Joe: Quarterback signee Joe Critchlow takes serendipitous, circuitous route to BYU
- 59 Police cheered at Park City meeting after vowing not to assist feds with deportation efforts
- 55 Trump's promise to bring back manufacturing jobs seems like a false dream
- 54 Trump administration lifts transgender bathroom guidance
- 48 Morning links: BYU vs. Wisconsin called 'intriguing'; CBS Sports' ranks 50 greatest basketball players; Jimmer's next move?
- 45 Town hall disruptions — what do they accomplish?