James W. Durham 08/05/51 ~ 06/08/06 Jim W. Durham, 54, passed away June 8, 2006 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Born August 5, 1951 Tulsa, OK to Bill and Ruth Durham. He married Linda M. Groff May 18, 1984. Jim enjoyed Bible study, gardening (roses), singing, and playing with Mariah and Tyler. He worked as an optician. Served in the US Army as Military Police during the Vietnam War. He was a devoted son, husband, brother, father, uncle, and grandfather. He is survived by his loving and devoted wife Linda, parents Cal and Ruth Jetton (OK); sisters Susan Harris (OK); Mary (Jim) Thompson (OK) and Carol (Neal) Paulson (OK); brothers Dana (Lori) Jetton (OK); Masayuki Sawa, daughter Tracy Pike, grandchildren Briana (Bruce), Celeste (Jason), Mariah and Tyler and five great-grandchildren, niece and nephews. Dogs Jack, Rosie and Molly and cat Sassy. He was preceded in death by his father, Bill Durham and brother-in-law Mickey Harris. The family extends a special thank you to all the staff at George E. Wahlen VA Hospital. Memorial services will be held Monday, June 12 at 11:00 a.m. at First Baptist Church, 777 South 1300 East. Interment: 2 p.m. at Utah Veterans Memorial Park, 17111 South Camp Williams Road, Bluffdale, UT. Condolences may be sent to the family at www.celebratinglife-ut.com
- 1 BLM to clear 307 acres in Three Peaks Recreation Area
- 2 Girls on the Run Utah celebrates 10 years with 'I AM A 10' confidence campaign
- 3 Which Utah politicians left office by choice?
- 4 ‘Heroic’ troopers save suicidal woman from jumping off overpass
- 5 Embattled West Jordan councilman resigns 9 months after alleged drunken incident
- 91 Trump, GOP leaders pull health care bill in humiliating loss
- 77 Herbert signs bill lowering blood-alcohol limit to .05 percent
- 65 Utah House delegation frustrated by no vote on health care, signals reluctance to try again
- 58 Trump set to slash billions from UN budget as refugee, famine crises grow
- 49 In our opinion: Lawmakers should avoid politicizing the Supreme Court confirmation process
- 47 BYU’s Eric Mika declares for NBA draft, does not hire an agent
- 43 My view: News media need to report the full story
- 43 My view: Are the Mormons a 'peculiar' people?