George Irving Norman, Jr. 1930 ~ 2006 George I. Norman, Jr., loving husband, father, and grandfather, was called home to be with his Lord Saturday, March 18, 2006. Born July 24, 1930 in Chicago, Illinois to the Reverend George Irving Norman, Sr. and the Reverend Olga Marie Isoz-Norman. Mr. Norman attended Clemson University and received his Masters Degree from the Chicago Conservatory of Music in 1953. Mr. Norman's wide range of entrepreneurial experience included radio and television broadcasting, real estate development, mortgage banking, oil and gas exploration, broad market investment, and marine product development. Mr. Norman's energetic and charismatic leadership ability won him many friends and business associates throughout his extensive and diverse business career. A man of abounding energy and optimism, whose greatest passion was composing songs of praise for his Savior. Mr. Norman leaves behind a legacy of overcoming faith. He is survived by his loving wife, Donna; three sons, George I. Norman III of Salt Lake City, Eric A. Norman and Jonathan F. Norman of California; six grandchildren; a sister, Mrs. Olga-Marie Hill of Indianapolis, Indiana; two brothers, Daniel M. Norman, Bradenton, Florida, and Dr. Fred P. Norman, Myrtle Beach, S.C. He was preceded in death by his sister, Dr. Della Ann Blackburn, Azusa, CA; and his son, Theodore V. Norman, Baltimore, MD. Private funeral services and interment were held Thursday, March 23, 2006 in Salt Lake City. Memorial contributions may be made to the "Mr. And Mrs. George I. Norman, Jr. Scholarship Fund" at Hobe Sound Bible College, Hobe Sound, FL.
- 94 Dozens rally against Chaffetz through song, not chants
- 90 Utahns gather for Not My President's Day rally
- 78 No ordinary Joe: Quarterback signee Joe Critchlow takes serendipitous, circuitous route to BYU
- 59 Police cheered at Park City meeting after vowing not to assist feds with deportation efforts
- 55 Trump's promise to bring back manufacturing jobs seems like a false dream
- 54 Trump administration lifts transgender bathroom guidance
- 48 Morning links: BYU vs. Wisconsin called 'intriguing'; CBS Sports' ranks 50 greatest basketball players; Jimmer's next move?
- 45 Town hall disruptions — what do they accomplish?