George Irving Norman, Jr. 1930 ~ 2006 George I. Norman, Jr., loving husband, father, and grandfather, was called home to be with his Lord Saturday, March 18, 2006. Born July 24, 1930 in Chicago, Illinois to the Reverend George Irving Norman, Sr. and the Reverend Olga Marie Isoz-Norman. Mr. Norman attended Clemson University and received his Masters Degree from the Chicago Conservatory of Music in 1953. Mr. Norman's wide range of entrepreneurial experience included radio and television broadcasting, real estate development, mortgage banking, oil and gas exploration, broad market investment, and marine product development. Mr. Norman's energetic and charismatic leadership ability won him many friends and business associates throughout his extensive and diverse business career. A man of abounding energy and optimism, whose greatest passion was composing songs of praise for his Savior. Mr. Norman leaves behind a legacy of overcoming faith. He is survived by his loving wife, Donna; three sons, George I. Norman III of Salt Lake City, Eric A. Norman and Jonathan F. Norman of California; six grandchildren; a sister, Mrs. Olga-Marie Hill of Indianapolis, Indiana; two brothers, Daniel M. Norman, Bradenton, Florida, and Dr. Fred P. Norman, Myrtle Beach, S.C. He was preceded in death by his sister, Dr. Della Ann Blackburn, Azusa, CA; and his son, Theodore V. Norman, Baltimore, MD. Private funeral services and interment were held Thursday, March 23, 2006 in Salt Lake City. Memorial contributions may be made to the "Mr. And Mrs. George I. Norman, Jr. Scholarship Fund" at Hobe Sound Bible College, Hobe Sound, FL.
- 1 40+ Cyber Week deals to keep taking advantage of
- 2 More than texting: The unrecognized epidemic of distracted driving
- 3 Future for kids with Down syndrome brighter than ever
- 4 The ultimate advent calendar of Utah activities
- 5 Police: Student fires gun in Bountiful school before his parents disarm him
- 74 Voices of Reason: A letter to Trump supporters
- 67 Donald Trump goes off on Evan McMullin at Ohio victory rally
- 63 Thousands urging Utah electors to oppose Trump
- 50 In our opinion: The GOP should think twice before exercising the 'Nuclear Option' for Supreme Court nominees
- 49 Utes win 100th game with Krystkowiak as head coach
- 47 'A great destination': Utes going bowling against Indiana in Foster Farms Bowl
- 42 BYU football: Cougars add 13th game to 2017 schedule, will open at home against Portland State
- 41 Ranking BYU football's future schedules: Which one is the toughest?