Norma Barrow Nielson 1925 ~ 2006 Norma Barrow Nielson, 80, passed away February 5, 2006 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Born November 22, 1925 in Roosevelt, Utah, daughter of Clyde and Arvilla Staples Barrow. Married Ned J. Nielson March 8, 1945 in Central, Utah; solemnized March 9, 1947 in the Manti LDS Temple. She was employed by First Security Bank for 17 years. Enjoyed sewing, bowling, genealogy and traveling with her husband. She was a very thoughtful and forgiving woman who enjoyed scrap booking for her children. Ned and Norma's home was always open to family and friends who needed a place to stay. Survived by husband, Ned; children: Brent, Renon (Brent), Craig (Karen); eight grandchildren; 12 great-grand-children; sister, Fay Duffin. Preceded in death by son, Sterling; brothers: Clyde and George. Funeral services will be held Thursday, 12:00 noon at the Cannon 5th Ward, 1250 West 1400 South. Family and friends may visit Wednesday, 6-8 p.m. at McDougal Funeral Home, 4330 South Redwood Road and Thursday at the church, 11-11:45 a.m. Interment, Valley View Memorial Park.
- 1 40+ Cyber Week deals to keep taking advantage of
- 2 More than texting: The unrecognized epidemic of distracted driving
- 3 Future for kids with Down syndrome brighter than ever
- 4 The ultimate advent calendar of Utah activities
- 5 Police: Student fires gun in Bountiful school before his parents disarm him
- 74 Voices of Reason: A letter to Trump supporters
- 67 Donald Trump goes off on Evan McMullin at Ohio victory rally
- 63 Thousands urging Utah electors to oppose Trump
- 50 In our opinion: The GOP should think twice before exercising the 'Nuclear Option' for Supreme Court nominees
- 49 Utes win 100th game with Krystkowiak as head coach
- 47 'A great destination': Utes going bowling against Indiana in Foster Farms Bowl
- 42 BYU football: Cougars add 13th game to 2017 schedule, will open at home against Portland State
- 41 Ranking BYU football's future schedules: Which one is the toughest?