Virginia Thomas 1918 ~ 2006 Beloved mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, sister and friend, Virginia Bartholomew Thomas, 87, born April 16, 1918 to Dora Larsen Bartholomew and Jesse Lenard Bartholomew in Fayette, Utah, died January 8, 2006 at the Capitol Care Facility in Boise, Idaho. The oldest of six children, Virginia was raised in Sanpete County, Utah, graduated from Manti High School, and then attended Snow College in Ephraim, Utah. She married Robert F. Thomas on June 1, 1937. Together they were the parents of seven children; Renae (Frank) Taylor, Robert F. (Sarah) Thomas, John Craig (Kathryn) Thomas, Steven Samuel (Connie) Thomas, Kathleen (Karl - deceased) Knudsen, Richard Kim (Dixie) Thomas and Afton Diane (Howard) Acup. Virginia has sixteen grandchildren and 32 great-grandchildren. Robert and Virginia were later divorced, but reunited in 1985 and were together again for over 15 years until he died with mother at his side on January 24th, 2001. When her children were young, she worked as an aide at the LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City. Later she was the clerk responsible for filing water rights claims at the Utah State Capitol in the State Engineers office. After retirement she traveled the Western States visiting with children and grandchildren before settling in Nampa, Idaho. While in Nampa, she was a member of the Garden Club and enjoyed her association with her pinochle group for many years. Her hobbies were collecting beautiful things, crocheting and making "scrubbers" for friends and family. Her passion was her family. Survivors, in addition to children, grandchildren and great-grand- children are; a step-son, Brete Thomas, sisters; Afton (Hank - deceased) Wynard and Thelma (John) Harvey and numerous nieces and nephews. Her children have been blessed by her love. God bless you, Mother. We extend our gratitude to the staff of Capitol Care for their kindness to our mother and their thoughtfulness to the family. At our Mother's request there will be no funeral at this time, but a memorial celebration is being planned for late spring and will be announced at that time.
- 76 Mormons with doubts shouldn't give up faith without 'intellectual and spiritual kicking and screaming'
- 67 What your health insurance might look like under Trump's new health secretary
- 67 Voices of Reason: A letter to Trump supporters
- 62 Donald Trump goes off on Evan McMullin at Ohio victory rally
- 60 Richard Davis: When does Donald Trump start acting presidential?
- 53 Doug Robinson: Cougars enjoyed solid season, and there is reason for optimism
- 47 Utes win 100th game with Krystkowiak as head coach
- 46 UHSAA's trustees divide state's schools into regions across six classifications for the first time