Mildred D. Hagen "Millie" Millie (Mildred) D. Hagen passed away peacefully Friday Jan. 6, 2006. Millie was born January 18, 1922 in Okolona, Mississippi to Milwee and Myrt Duncan. Millie spent her youth in Mississippi. She has been a resident of Salt Lake for 50 years. Millie married the love of her life Wilford W. Hagen in 1956. They were wonderful companions until his death in 1994. Millie taught home economics at West High School until her retirement in 1984, positively influencing many young lives. Her community involvement included many years of volunteering at the U of U Medical Center, which included a term as president of the volunteer auxiliary. She was an active member of the Catholic Women's League, Delta Kappa Gamma (a teacher's sorority), 49ers Club, and the College Club. Millis is preceded in death by her husband; parents; stepmother; and brothers, William (Bill) and Gene Duncan. She is survived by her sister, Cornelia (Paul) Gates of Hamilton, Missouri; sister-in-law, Dortha Duncan of Laramie, Wyoming; stepson, Gene (Yvonne) Hagen of South Jordan, Utah; and their four children and families; her nephew, David (Debbie) Duncan of Cheyenne, Wyoming; and their two children and families; many other nieces and nephews; and loving friends and neighbors. The family wishes to thank her loving caregivers over the last several years, Melody, Rolayne, Shayla, Ilene, Kay, Jolyn, and Annie. Millie will be missed by all who knew her. Graveside services will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, January 10, 2006 at Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park, 3401 S. Highland Drive. Friends may call Mon-day from 6-8 p.m. at Wasatch Lawn Mortuary, 3401 S. Highland Drive. In lieu of flowers the family suggests a contribution in Millie's name to your favorite charity.
- 1 40+ Cyber Week deals to keep taking advantage of
- 2 More than texting: The unrecognized epidemic of distracted driving
- 3 Future for kids with Down syndrome brighter than ever
- 4 The ultimate advent calendar of Utah activities
- 5 Police: Student fires gun in Bountiful school before his parents disarm him
- 74 Voices of Reason: A letter to Trump supporters
- 67 Donald Trump goes off on Evan McMullin at Ohio victory rally
- 63 Thousands urging Utah electors to oppose Trump
- 50 In our opinion: The GOP should think twice before exercising the 'Nuclear Option' for Supreme Court nominees
- 49 Utes win 100th game with Krystkowiak as head coach
- 47 'A great destination': Utes going bowling against Indiana in Foster Farms Bowl
- 41 Ranking BYU football's future schedules: Which one is the toughest?
- 41 BYU football: Cougars add 13th game to 2017 schedule, will open at home against Portland State