Mildred D. Hagen "Millie" Millie (Mildred) D. Hagen passed away peacefully Friday Jan. 6, 2006. Millie was born January 18, 1922 in Okolona, Mississippi to Milwee and Myrt Duncan. Millie spent her youth in Mississippi. She has been a resident of Salt Lake for 50 years. Millie married the love of her life Wilford W. Hagen in 1956. They were wonderful companions until his death in 1994. Millie taught home economics at West High School until her retirement in 1984, positively influencing many young lives. Her community involvement included many years of volunteering at the U of U Medical Center, which included a term as president of the volunteer auxiliary. She was an active member of the Catholic Women's League, Delta Kappa Gamma (a teacher's sorority), 49ers Club, and the College Club. Millis is preceded in death by her husband; parents; stepmother; and brothers, William (Bill) and Gene Duncan. She is survived by her sister, Cornelia (Paul) Gates of Hamilton, Missouri; sister-in-law, Dortha Duncan of Laramie, Wyoming; stepson, Gene (Yvonne) Hagen of South Jordan, Utah; and their four children and families; her nephew, David (Debbie) Duncan of Cheyenne, Wyoming; and their two children and families; many other nieces and nephews; and loving friends and neighbors. The family wishes to thank her loving caregivers over the last several years, Melody, Rolayne, Shayla, Ilene, Kay, Jolyn, and Annie. Millie will be missed by all who knew her. Graveside services will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, January 10, 2006 at Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park, 3401 S. Highland Drive. Friends may call Mon-day from 6-8 p.m. at Wasatch Lawn Mortuary, 3401 S. Highland Drive. In lieu of flowers the family suggests a contribution in Millie's name to your favorite charity.
- 1 Do you recognize any of these 2017 Sterling Scholar candidates?
- 2 Jail time suspended for man who threatened 'rampage' at hospital
- 3 Utah Opera's 40th anniversary season to honor past, look to future
- 4 Testimony in John Swallow trial continues to focus on Mark Shurtleff
- 5 Day 23: Lawmakers to consider bills to raise minimum wage, require confidential college counseling
- 139 Monumental decision: Outdoor Retailer show leaving Salt Lake after meeting with governor over Bears Ears
- 103 11 locals invited to 2017 NFL Scouting Combine
- 76 Chaffetz calling for investigation of 'mishandling' of classified information in reporting on Trump
- 62 Bill raising minimum wage in Utah to $10.25 an hour held by committee
- 56 Utah, LDS Church join 'friend of court' briefs in transgender bathroom case
- 50 Trump knew Flynn misled White House weeks before ouster
- 50 Trump raps 'criminal' leaks, 'dishonest' media, 'bad' judges
- 44 Trump’s wish to ban Muslim immigration is widely shared in Europe