Mildred D. Hagen "Millie" Millie (Mildred) D. Hagen passed away peacefully Friday Jan. 6, 2006. Millie was born January 18, 1922 in Okolona, Mississippi to Milwee and Myrt Duncan. Millie spent her youth in Mississippi. She has been a resident of Salt Lake for 50 years. Millie married the love of her life Wilford W. Hagen in 1956. They were wonderful companions until his death in 1994. Millie taught home economics at West High School until her retirement in 1984, positively influencing many young lives. Her community involvement included many years of volunteering at the U of U Medical Center, which included a term as president of the volunteer auxiliary. She was an active member of the Catholic Women's League, Delta Kappa Gamma (a teacher's sorority), 49ers Club, and the College Club. Millis is preceded in death by her husband; parents; stepmother; and brothers, William (Bill) and Gene Duncan. She is survived by her sister, Cornelia (Paul) Gates of Hamilton, Missouri; sister-in-law, Dortha Duncan of Laramie, Wyoming; stepson, Gene (Yvonne) Hagen of South Jordan, Utah; and their four children and families; her nephew, David (Debbie) Duncan of Cheyenne, Wyoming; and their two children and families; many other nieces and nephews; and loving friends and neighbors. The family wishes to thank her loving caregivers over the last several years, Melody, Rolayne, Shayla, Ilene, Kay, Jolyn, and Annie. Millie will be missed by all who knew her. Graveside services will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, January 10, 2006 at Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park, 3401 S. Highland Drive. Friends may call Mon-day from 6-8 p.m. at Wasatch Lawn Mortuary, 3401 S. Highland Drive. In lieu of flowers the family suggests a contribution in Millie's name to your favorite charity.
- 1 Watch live: Business and global community leaders participate in the Utah Global Forum
- 2 3 ordered to stand trial in gang rape of 9-year-old girl
- 3 Program offers college scholarships to west-side youths
- 4 Book review: Roll the dice on Jonathan Lethem's 'Gambler's Anatomy' for a wild ride of a novel
- 5 FLDS say faith requires giving food stamps purchases to church
- 69 Exclusive: Tim Kaine: Why religious mission service matters to America
- 64 My view: Let's talk about Hillary from a legal, constitutional standpoint
- 58 In our opinion: Dismissing Latter-day Saint, religious voices is perilous 'opiate' to the masses
- 53 Dick Harmon: Is Joe Williams' 332-yard game vs. UCLA the best ever by a college running back from Utah?
- 49 Pence calls on Utah Republicans to 'come home' for Trump
- 49 BYU adopts amnesty clause, other 'sweeping changes' to help sexual assault victims
- 48 Richard Davis: Are the news media fair to Donald Trump?
- 44 Mormon and Gay: LDS Church launches page on official website to help members, leaders