Our loving mom, grandma, great grandma and friend died peacefully surrounded by her family on Sunday, December 14th, 2003 after a long valiant struggle with diabetes.
Phyllis M. Gundry was born August 1st, 1930 to S. Roy and Iris Morgan in Salt Lake City, Utah. She married Donald M. Gundry, September 13th, 1951 in the Salt Lake Temple.
Phyl and Don have eight children: Marva (Dave) Williams, Lorale (Scott) Hortin, Don (Kim) Gundry, Dean (Kae) Gundry, CarolLynn (Cory) Fausett, Roileen (deceased), David Gundry, and Darryl Gundry. She has 17 grandchildren and nine great-grand-children.
Mom cared for dad during 10 years of his declining health with Parkinson's disease until his death in 1993. She graduated from West High School and attended the University of Utah.
Mom enjoyed her many church callings, including Relief Society president, Primary president and spiritual living teacher. Mom will be remembered for her integrity, her quiet example and her excellent cooking, including her famous cookies and breads. Holidays and family gatherings were special to Mom. Everyone who entered her home was made to feel welcome and never went away hungry. As declining health took its toll, mom still managed to bake for her friends and family. Her love and devotion to her family will be missed.
The family wishes to thank her friends and the staff at the Utah Dialysis Center and special care givers at Woodland Park. Preceded in death by her husband Don, daughter Roileen and brother Stan Morgan.
Funeral services will be Thursday, Dec. 18th, 2003 at 11:00 a.m. in the McKay Ward, 1623 South 500 East, Salt Lake City. Viewing will be held Wednesday, from 7-8:30 p.m. at the McKay Ward, and from 9:45-10:45 a.m. prior to funeral services. Interment Salt Lake City Cemetery.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 70
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 56
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 40
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 19
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 11